Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Cannot Run Java Application --- New Oracle Error Message Complaint(Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Djava.vendor="New Oracle")
Cannot Run Java Application --- New Oracle Error Message Complaint [message #1277992] Wed, 26 March 2014 19:14 Go to next message
William Mac is currently offline William MacFriend
Hello All,

I have problem running the Java Application in eclipse Kepler. I was able to run the application fine until yesterday. When I right click on the Java program and select "run as Java Application", I got the following error message on the console:

Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Djava.vendor="New Oracle"

The program is terminated and not executed. I tried to go on the internet to search for this error message. I didn't see any posting about this error message.

Please help me and provide me a solution to make my Java Program to be able to execute again.

Thank you very much for all of your help.
Re: Cannot Run Java Application --- New Oracle Error Message Complaint [message #1277995 is a reply to message #1277992] Wed, 26 March 2014 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

It ran in Kepler before? What changed between then and now?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Cannot Run Java Application --- New Oracle Error Message Complaint [message #1278011 is a reply to message #1277995] Wed, 26 March 2014 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didn't make any changes at all. It just suddenly stopped working.
Re: Cannot Run Java Application --- New Oracle Error Message Complaint [message #1278063 is a reply to message #1278011] Wed, 26 March 2014 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
This message is printed by the Oracle VM when the environment variable JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS is set (search google for "Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS"). Something has changed on your system to add this environment variable. Is it possible that you jave a jre that automatically updated?

To get rid of if, you need to remove the JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS environment variable.
Re: Cannot Run Java Application --- New Oracle Error Message Complaint [message #1278847 is a reply to message #1278063] Thu, 27 March 2014 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

You are the best! It worked. I removed the environment variable and restart eclipse. My java application can be executed.

Thank you so much for all of your help.
Re: Cannot Run Java Application --- New Oracle Error Message Complaint [message #1404574 is a reply to message #1278063] Mon, 04 August 2014 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vamshi Guddeti is currently offline Vamshi GuddetiFriend
Hi David,

Even I have the same problem..Its working fine for me after I remove those in Environment variables
Re: Cannot Run Java Application --- New Oracle Error Message Complaint [message #1694860 is a reply to message #1404574] Fri, 08 May 2015 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ayan Adak is currently offline Ayan AdakFriend
how do i remove those in ubuntu?
Re: Cannot Run Java Application --- New Oracle Error Message Complaint [message #1694895 is a reply to message #1404574] Fri, 08 May 2015 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ayan Adak is currently offline Ayan AdakFriend
how do i remove those environment variables in ubuntu???
Re: Cannot Run Java Application --- New Oracle Error Message Complaint [message #1732400 is a reply to message #1277992] Mon, 16 May 2016 21:35 Go to previous message
David ngooro is currently offline David ngooroFriend
I was trying to run and execute my code and I was getting the error message below:

"Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -agentlib:jvmhook"

"Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xrunjvmhook -Xbootclasspath/a:"C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Unified Functional Testing\bin\java_shared\classes";"C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Unified Functional Testing\bin\java_shared\classes\jasmine.jar"

Soln:
Just removed the environment variable and all was solved.
Previous Topic:Newly installed Eclipse wont create a java project.
Next Topic:Cannot run any project in Eclipse (JUNO)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 23:24:42 GMT 2024