Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » SourceViewer with StructuredTextViewerConfigurationXSL not editable
SourceViewer with StructuredTextViewerConfigurationXSL not editable [message #1277792] Wed, 26 March 2014 13:26 Go to next message
ModelGeek Mising name is currently offline ModelGeek Mising nameFriend
Hi,

I have a small test RCP application with one view containing one source viewer. On application load source viewer is shown on the view but it is not editable even though i have used the method setEditable(true) and when i close the rcp application i get folling messages on the console.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2014-03-26 14:20:02.081
!MESSAGE Invalid preference page path: XML Syntax

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2014-03-26 14:20:02.088
!MESSAGE Invalid preference page path: XSLT Validation

Folling is the code used to create source viewer.

CompositeRuler ruler = new CompositeRuler();
LineNumberRulerColumn lnrc = new LineNumberRulerColumn(); lnrc.setBackground(Display.getDefault().getSystemColor(SWT.COLOR_GRAY));
lnrc.setForeground(Display.getDefault().getSystemColor(SWT.COLOR_BLUE));
ruler.addDecorator(0,lnrc);
SourceViewer viewer = new StructuredTextViewer(parent, ruler, null, true, SWT.BORDER | SWT.V_SCROLL | SWT.H_SCROLL);
((StructuredTextViewer) viewer).getTextWidget().setFont(JFaceResources.getFont("org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.textfont"));
viewer.configure(new StructuredTextViewerConfigurationXSL());
viewer.setEditable(true);

Do you have any idea why source viewer is not editable?

Cheers

Re: SourceViewer with StructuredTextViewerConfigurationXSL not editable [message #1277895 is a reply to message #1277792] Wed, 26 March 2014 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ModelGeek Mising name is currently offline ModelGeek Mising nameFriend
Hi,

I have fixed the problem. Actually viewer requires a document to work with, so i created a IDocument object.

IStructuredModel scratchModel = StructuredModelManager.getModelManager().getModelForEdit(file);
IDocument document = scratchModel.getStructuredDocument();
viewer.setDocument(document);

cheers,
Re: SourceViewer with StructuredTextViewerConfigurationXSL not editable [message #1282732 is a reply to message #1277895] Wed, 02 April 2014 18:21 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Ha, you beat me to it. You can find an example of this being done for the templates preference pages in WTP, e.g. org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.preferences.XMLTemplatePreferencePage.doCreateViewer(Composite, SourceViewerConfiguration) for the XML editor templates.

Also, be sure to call IStructuredModel.releaseFromEdit() when you're done--it's like a reference counted resource.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:After Kepler Upgrade: javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.SimpleTagSupport not found
Next Topic:SSE ITextHover Extension
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:04:28 GMT 2024