Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Alf Editor problem in Keppler(Alf Editor not visible)
icon4.gif  Alf Editor problem in Keppler [message #1276944] Tue, 25 March 2014 08:49 Go to next message
Engin Deveci is currently offline Engin DeveciFriend
Hi,

I'm using Eclipse MDT and installed Papyrus 0.10. In the preferences i see the "Alf Editor" in the embedded editors section of Papyrus.

However when i right click on an activity or class i do not see the "Open in Alf Editor" menu. Am i doing something wrong?

Is there a guide on how to use the alf editor in Papyrus?

BR,
Engin
Re: Alf Editor problem in Keppler [message #1277299 is a reply to message #1276944] Tue, 25 March 2014 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan George is currently offline Dan GeorgeFriend
Engin,
The following is clipped from a post by Ed Seidewitz to the Executable UML group on LinkedIn:
"... there actually is a version of the Alf reference implementation that targets Eclipse UML2. It is not included in the public distribution [because it is licensed GPL instead of EPL], but the Subversion repository for it is open for read access at http://lib.modeldriven.org/MDLibrary/trunk/Applications/Alf-Reference-Implementation/org.modeldriven.alf.eclipse/."

Ed is also working on a new plug-in that will be under the EPL.

Best,
Dan
Re: Alf Editor problem in Keppler [message #1278343 is a reply to message #1276944] Thu, 27 March 2014 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Engin Deveci is currently offline Engin DeveciFriend
Hi Dan,

Thank you for your reply. I'll take a look at the Eclipse implementation you've mentioned.

In my post, i was referring to the following user guide:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Papyrus/UserGuide/fUML_ALF

In this guide, it's mentioned that Eclipse/Papyrus already have this feature implemented. And the screenshots of the tool show "Open In ALF Editor" option. However i could not find this when i'm using Papyrus.

BR,
Engin
Re: Alf Editor problem in Keppler [message #1403319 is a reply to message #1278343] Tue, 22 July 2014 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cyril dufrechou is currently offline cyril dufrechouFriend
Hi,
I have the same problem.
The editor given on eclipse site is not accessible in my Kepler version.
Have you found a solution to obtain the function in your IDE?
If yes can you give me the procedure to obtain alf text editor?
Regards
Cyril

PS: I have posted question in this forum some months ago but never any answer...
Re: Alf Editor problem in Keppler [message #1403408 is a reply to message #1403319] Wed, 23 July 2014 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

The ALF editor has never been integrated within Papyrus. All screenshots have been taken from local installations by their respective authors.

Only the ALF X-Text grammar is shipped with Papyrus, but it's probably not the most recent version; and it contains little support (i.e. it's not integrated)

Until the ALF editor is officially released into Papyrus, the Papyrus team can't provide any kind support for it (And really little information as well)

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Alf Editor problem in Keppler [message #1403449 is a reply to message #1403408] Wed, 23 July 2014 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

It's a very difficult subject because ALF language seems to be attractive for text edition in papyrus...

Can you tell me how to have a good papyrus support contact because I send the same question at papyrus global email but no answer.

I see also in Eclipse Luna a CEA List plugin called "fumlsemantics" derived from ALF and perhaps is linked with last alf integration in papyrus.

So if you have a good email contact, I will thank you.

Regards
Cyril
Re: Alf Editor problem in Keppler [message #1403507 is a reply to message #1403449] Thu, 24 July 2014 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arnaud Cuccuru is currently offline Arnaud CuccuruFriend
Hi,

As said by Camille, the Papyrus documentation about Alf refers to a version of the Papyrus/Alf integration that has never been officially released. Anyway, the corresponding plug-ins are available in the sandbox folder of the papyrus git repository (sandbox/alf/ plugins oep.alf and oep.alf.ui). These plug-ins only concern the integration (e.g., the "Open in Alf Editor" menu). For the compiling aspects, you should use the plug-ins developped by Ed Seidewitz (Dan was referring to this in another message of this thread. They are available here: http://lib.modeldriven.org/MDLibrary/trunk/Applications/Alf-Reference-Implementation/org.modeldriven.alf.eclipse/).

I shall fix this in the Papyrus user documentation.

While quite basic, this integration works, since we have used it to produce the executable test suites of the Precise Semantics of UML Composite Structures OMG specification (PSCS, http://www.omg.org/spec/PSCS/ ). If you install Moka, you should be able to execute models where activities have been specified in Alf and then compiled into equivalent fUML activities.

Note that Moka is available through the discovery site of Papyrus Luna. But all these alf integration plug-ins were used on Papyrus Kepler. So, you may have issues to fix if you install this in your workpace.

Regarding the roadmap about Alf integration, there is an ongoing collaboration with Ed Seidewitz, so that, by the end of year 2014, we target to have an integrated Alf editor and compiler that covers both structural and behavioral aspects of Alf.

Cheers,

Arnaud.

Re: Alf Editor problem in Keppler [message #1403511 is a reply to message #1403507] Thu, 24 July 2014 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Arnaud,

If I understand I must take the 2 packages oep.alf and oep.alf.ui and copy them in my workspace.
I install them as local plugin and the "Open in Alf Editor" menu will be activated in my papyrus ? So, I must create a plugin with these 2 packages to make integration ?

Is it also possible to modify an "operation" with these packages.

If you have an email to give, because I will try to integrate it in my LUNA version, and perhaps some questions.

Regards
Cyril
Re: Alf Editor problem in Keppler [message #1403639 is a reply to message #1403507] Thu, 24 July 2014 18:08 Go to previous message
Hi Arnaud,

I installed the 2 plugins (sandbox/alf/ plugins oep.alf and oep.alf.ui) but it gives access to "alf editor" only on activities.

I search the operation alf editor (extraplugins oep.operation.editor.xtext and oep.operation.editor.xtext.ui) because the last version wich has been ok in local is papyrus 0.8.x

So How to give "body" access for alf operation editor in papyrus 1.0.0 ?

Is it simple to change "method" operation by "body text" operation in papryus IDE?

And then is it simple to connect these alf editor plugins?

This is a such configuration I search.

Regards
Cyril
Previous Topic:[Alf Editor] Where is it ?
Next Topic:Should C++ code generation work with Kepler SR2?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:11:21 GMT 2024