Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » What file contains my unfortunately non-global display preferences?(Every new workspace reverts to my having to squint to read my code)
What file contains my unfortunately non-global display preferences? [message #1276418] Mon, 24 March 2014 14:42 Go to next message
Jerry Miller is currently offline Jerry MillerFriend
It seems to be an unwritten rule on today's web that tiny gray fonts on a white or off-white background are the current standard. I can't even read what I'm typing now, thanks to this fad, until I finish and get up close to proofread it. What file in an acceptably formatted workspace contains this configuration, so I don't have to waste time going through the whole process every time I create a new workspace to insulate existing source or get around the sometimes destructive quirks of GUI-based SVN?
Re: What file contains my unfortunately non-global display preferences? [message #1276423 is a reply to message #1276418] Mon, 24 March 2014 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Are you sure you're in the right place? This forum gets posted to either by an NNTP client or the web site, which for me shows a black text on white background textbox when posting--and which has nothing to do with an Eclipse workspace.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: What file contains my unfortunately non-global display preferences? [message #1276430 is a reply to message #1276423] Mon, 24 March 2014 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerry Miller is currently offline Jerry MillerFriend
Maybe not, but it's where I finally found a New Topic button. The Eclipse editor setup mirrors what I constantly see on the web, and every time I create a new workspace, it forgets what my preferences were, so I'm asking what file I can copy from a legible workspace to get around this shortcoming.

P.S., Sorry for my off-topic rant that distracted from my main point.

[Updated on: Mon, 24 March 2014 19:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: What file contains my unfortunately non-global display preferences? [message #1276599 is a reply to message #1276430] Mon, 24 March 2014 19:52 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Your workspace's preferences can be Exported from the File menu. That exported file can then be Imported from the File menu when in another workspace. Some of those preferences are specific to the machine they came (such as the names of your Installed JREs).

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Open file in view plug-in
Next Topic:How to set eclipse plugins installation dir
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:35:15 GMT 2024