Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Product run differs from development run(Differences between execution environments)
Product run differs from development run [message #1276324] Mon, 24 March 2014 11:52 Go to next message
Peter Robertson is currently offline Peter RobertsonFriend
I have an Eclipse product that works as expected when executed from the development environment either by Run or Debug.

If I export the project (File/Export/Eclipse Project) and run the result, it is almost the same but there are differences. In particular, the Help menu no longer displays Welcome or Cheat Sheets... even though these were there when running from the development environment.

Can anyone point me at what might be causing this?
Is there any way to export a project and be certain it will behave exectly as under the development environment?

I note that not all the plugins which are selected under Workspace in the .project file appear in the plugin folder of the exported project.
Re: Product run differs from development run [message #1277385 is a reply to message #1276324] Tue, 25 March 2014 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
How do you run your application from your IDE?
Re: Product run differs from development run [message #1277549 is a reply to message #1277385] Wed, 26 March 2014 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The exported product is run by executing the exported eclipse.exe.

It is run from the development environment by clicking the Run button.

Is this not what you would expect?
Re: Product run differs from development run [message #1277652 is a reply to message #1277549] Wed, 26 March 2014 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
You can also run it from the product file of your RCP. Does it work if you run it from the product file (little run button on the top-right corner of the product editor)?
Re: Product run differs from development run [message #1277659 is a reply to message #1277652] Wed, 26 March 2014 09:37 Go to previous message
Do you mean the "Run configurations" page brought up by Run/Run Configurations?

There is no run button where you suggest on that page (there's a green run icon, but it is not active). The run button is at the bottom right.

When I click that, the product launches and runs perfectly.

If you mean something different by "product file", please be explicit about what you mean.
Previous Topic:PreDestroy not called
Next Topic:How to add a toolbar separator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:29:57 GMT 2024