Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Project disappeared from workspace after restart
Project disappeared from workspace after restart [message #1274664] Fri, 21 March 2014 20:18 Go to next message
Leif Sabellek is currently offline Leif SabellekFriend
Hi,

I started to use EGit to have a local repository and now I'm having trouble understanding the roles of the workspace folder and the git folder.

So I followed the instructions to set up the repository. My project was originally in the workspace folder, but as recommended, I created the repository in the git folder, not contained in the workspace. Everything worked well so far. But after I restarted eclipse the next time, my project was not in the workspace anymore. In my workspace, I only see the root folder of my project. Instead, all files are in the git folder now. Maybe this is normal, but I don't know how to handle this. Should I change my workspace to the git folder? I tried to import the git repository with Import => Projects from git => Existing local repository, but it says "Some or all projects can not be imported because they already exist in the workspace".

Cheers,
Leif
Re: Project disappeared from workspace after restart [message #1276232 is a reply to message #1274664] Mon, 24 March 2014 09:23 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Maybe you set a working set which doesn't include the projects.
Previous Topic:EGit variables
Next Topic:[BUG] After newest update I cannot store credentials...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:25:46 GMT 2024