Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Docx4Support NoClassDefFoundError(NoClassDefFoundError)
Docx4Support NoClassDefFoundError [message #1274547] Fri, 21 March 2014 16:19 Go to next message
Bertin Kiekebosch is currently offline Bertin KiekeboschFriend
Hi,

when I try to create a word file from a template I get NoClassDefFoundError. I am using a clean new Eclipse Scout Kepler SR2 install. I folowed the tutorial (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/HowTo/3.9/Creating_Word_Reports_with_Docx4j)

I get errors as below. How can I fix these

Regards Bertin

With a ".doc" file I get these errors:

ProcessingException[ProcessingStatus[ERROR code=0 Unexpected exception java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/poi/poifs/filesystem/POIFSFileSystem]]
at org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.ui.action.AbstractAction$P_UIFacade.fireActionFromUI(AbstractAction.java:636)
at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.swing.action.SwingScoutAction$1.run(SwingScoutAction.java:146)
at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.swing.concurrency.SwingScoutSynchronizer$1.runVoid(SwingScoutSynchronizer.java:71)
at org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.ClientJob.runStatus(ClientJob.java:189)
at org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.ClientJob.runTransactionWrapper(ClientJob.java:172)
at org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.ClientJob.run(ClientJob.java:159)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/poi/poifs/filesystem/POIFSFileSystem
at org.docx4j.openpackaging.packages.OpcPackage.load(OpcPackage.java:341)
at org.docx4j.openpackaging.packages.OpcPackage.load(OpcPackage.java:277)
at org.docx4j.openpackaging.packages.OpcPackage.load(OpcPackage.java:223)
at org.docx4j.openpackaging.packages.OpcPackage.load(OpcPackage.java:206)
at org.docx4j.openpackaging.packages.WordprocessingMLPackage.load(WordprocessingMLPackage.java:159)
at org.eclipse.scout.docx4j.DocxAdapter.createPackageFromFile(DocxAdapter.java:162)
at org.eclipse.scout.docx4j.DocxAdapter.<init>(DocxAdapter.java:113)
at testDocx.client.ui.desktop.Desktop$ToolsMenu$TestDocxMenu.runReport(Desktop.java:149)
at testDocx.client.ui.desktop.Desktop$ToolsMenu$TestDocxMenu.execAction(Desktop.java:134)

With a ".docx" file I get these errors:

ProcessingException[ProcessingStatus[ERROR code=0 Unexpected exception java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/io/IOUtils]]
at org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.ui.action.AbstractAction$P_UIFacade.fireActionFromUI(AbstractAction.java:636)
at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.swing.action.SwingScoutAction$1.run(SwingScoutAction.java:146)
at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.swing.concurrency.SwingScoutSynchronizer$1.runVoid(SwingScoutSynchronizer.java:71)
at org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.ClientJob.runTransactionWrapper(ClientJob.java:172)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/io/IOUtils
at org.docx4j.openpackaging.parts.WordprocessingML.BinaryPart.getBuffer(BinaryPart.java:146)
at org.docx4j.openpackaging.io.SaveToZipFile.saveRawBinaryPart(SaveToZipFile.java:454)
at org.docx4j.openpackaging.io.SaveToZipFile.savePart(SaveToZipFile.java:415)
at org.docx4j.openpackaging.io.SaveToZipFile.addPartsFromRelationships(SaveToZipFile.java:382)
at org.docx4j.openpackaging.io.SaveToZipFile.savePart(SaveToZipFile.java:437)
at org.docx4j.openpackaging.io.SaveToZipFile.addPartsFromRelationships(SaveToZipFile.java:382)
at org.docx4j.openpackaging.io.SaveToZipFile.save(SaveToZipFile.java:165)
at org.docx4j.openpackaging.io.SaveToZipFile.save(SaveToZipFile.java:106)
at org.docx4j.openpackaging.packages.WordprocessingMLPackage.save(WordprocessingMLPackage.java:206)
at org.eclipse.scout.docx4j.DocxAdapter.save(DocxAdapter.java:808)
at testDocx.client.ui.desktop.Desktop$ToolsMenu$TestDocxMenu.runReport(Desktop.java:176)

Re: Docx4Support NoClassDefFoundError [message #1277309 is a reply to message #1274547] Tue, 25 March 2014 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Can you tell the version of Docx4j bundle that is installed?

Is it related to your other post?

[Updated on: Tue, 25 March 2014 20:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Docx4Support NoClassDefFoundError [message #1278353 is a reply to message #1277309] Thu, 27 March 2014 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bertin Kiekebosch is currently offline Bertin KiekeboschFriend
I use

com.bsiag.org.docx4j(3.0.0.20130501110800)
org.eclipse.scout.docx4j(1.0.0.20130508-1208)
org.eclipse.scout.rt.docx4j.client(1.0.0.20130508-1208)

these are installed (downloaded) by Scout by enabeling the docx4j Support.

Regards Bertin
Re: Docx4Support NoClassDefFoundError [message #1383962 is a reply to message #1278353] Tue, 27 May 2014 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tim Schwalbe is currently offline Tim SchwalbeFriend
I also have this problem? anyone solved it?

Regards Very Happy
Re: Docx4Support NoClassDefFoundError [message #1383991 is a reply to message #1383962] Tue, 27 May 2014 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you sure this is the same error?

The stacktrace you have quoted in your other thread is not the same.
Re: Docx4Support NoClassDefFoundError [message #1625765 is a reply to message #1383991] Fri, 20 February 2015 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justin B is currently offline Justin BFriend
Anyone get any resolutions to the docx issues. Currently experiencing some issues as well. I don't believe it is the same issue but can't get docs4j to load data into the template file. I am using
DocxAdapter object to call docxFile.fillTable(tableBookmark, startRow, startCol, data) method. And the template file has a bookmark on the table.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.scout.rt.client 4 0 2015-02-20 11:22:27.778
!MESSAGE org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.services.common.exceptionhandler.internal.InternalClientExceptionHandlerService.differentiatedLog(InternalClientExceptionHandlerService.java:116) ProcessingException: ProcessingStatus[ERROR code=0 Table is not set ]
Table is not set
!STACK 0

at org.eclipse.scout.docx4j.DocxAdapter.fillTable(DocxAdapter.java:591)
	at org.eclipse.scout.docx4j.DocxAdapter.fillTable(DocxAdapter.java:572)
	at fabricator.client.core.ui.desktop.Desktop.runReport(Desktop.java:216)
	at fabricator.client.core.ui.desktop.Desktop.access$0(Desktop.java:201)
	at fabricator.client.core.ui.desktop.Desktop$ReportsMenu$BillOfLadingMenu.execAction(Desktop.java:194)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.ui.action.AbstractAction.doActionInternal(AbstractAction.java:271)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.ui.action.AbstractAction.doAction(AbstractAction.java:253)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.ui.action.AbstractAction$P_UIFacade.fireActionFromUI(AbstractAction.java:604)
	at org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.swing.action.SwingScoutAction$1.run(SwingScoutAction.java:148)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

[Updated on: Fri, 20 February 2015 16:26]

Re: Docx4Support NoClassDefFoundError [message #1630527 is a reply to message #1625765] Mon, 23 February 2015 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you get a business error "code=0 Table is not set" from the docx4j library.

From the stacktrace you sent, I think that the library is well loaded. I guess that other features of the library are working.

I see 2 possibilities:
1/ You are not using the library as it is intended.
2/ You have found a bug.

If you want me to investigate it, you need to provide following:
* Version informations (Eclipse, Scout, Docx4j, ...)
* A minimal example to reproduce your problem (incl. the files).

Re: Docx4Support NoClassDefFoundError [message #1742591 is a reply to message #1630527] Mon, 05 September 2016 19:44 Go to previous message
Samuel   is currently offline Samuel Friend
The message "table is not set" is from docx4j.
If you are using the method "fillTable" to export data to a table, you must indicate a text mark that identifies the table as the first argument of the method. If there is no text mark in your word template, docx4j complains with this error message.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 September 2016 19:45]

Previous Topic:The Scout content assist dose not work?
Next Topic:Can not create a new page
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:06:38 GMT 2024