Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » In table editing questions
In table editing questions [message #1274275] Fri, 21 March 2014 08:17 Go to next message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
I have a TableField where all columns have the editable property set to true.

I have five IntegerColumns and one BooleanColumn in my table. When I click into the first IntegerColumn cell I can then move from cell to cell using TAB until I reach the last IntegerColumn. When I then press TAB the focus moves back to the first IntegerColumn of the row, skipping the BooleanColumn containing the checkbox. The only way I can change the value of the BooleanColumn is using the mouse.

Is this intended behaviour or am I missing something?

Another question is the following: In Bug 398283 (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=398283) the possibility to have validateOnAnyKey on all fields was added and in Bug 418582 (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=418582) the possibility to navigate to the next FormField was added.

Will the validateOnAnyKey also work on Column cells? And is there a possibility to programmatically move the focus to a specific column/cell of a row/table?
Re: In table editing questions [message #1277308 is a reply to message #1274275] Tue, 25 March 2014 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Urs Beeli wrote on Fri, 21 March 2014 09:17
When I then press TAB the focus moves back to the first IntegerColumn of the row, skipping the BooleanColumn containing the checkbox. The only way I can change the value of the BooleanColumn is using the mouse

I am not sure if the Boolean Column can be edited (with a field like the other columns). This kind of limitation goes in the same direction like the error marker in boolean column mentioned here.

Will the validateOnAnyKey also work on Column cells?

With bug 398283, validateOnAnyKey was added to Number and Decimal fields. There is also a getConfiguredValidateOnAnyKey on the number column. Isn't it?

And is there a possibility to programmatically move the focus to a specific column/cell of a row/table?

You should try it. I am not sure how it was implemented. I am not sure how
* Control#traverse(SWT.TRAVERSE_TAB_NEXT)
* Control#traverse(SWT.TRAVERSE_TAB_PREVIOUS)
will react in a table...

Re: In table editing questions [message #1277715 is a reply to message #1277308] Wed, 26 March 2014 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson wrote on Tue, 25 March 2014 21:40
When I then press TAB the focus moves back to the first IntegerColumn of the row, skipping the BooleanColumn containing the checkbox. The only way I can change the value of the BooleanColumn is using the mouse

I am not sure if the Boolean Column can be edited (with a field like the other columns). This kind of limitation goes in the same direction like the error marker in boolean column mentioned here.

Thanks. In that case we'll probably have to use a CodeType<Boolean> and use a SmartColumn instead of the checkbox.

Will the validateOnAnyKey also work on Column cells?

With bug 398283, validateOnAnyKey was added to Number and Decimal fields. There is also a getConfiguredValidateOnAnyKey on the number column. Isn't it?

You are right of course. I had looked but must have missed it. Looking again I saw the property.

And is there a possibility to programmatically move the focus to a specific column/cell of a row/table?

You should try it. I am not sure how it was implemented. I am not sure how
* Control#traverse(SWT.TRAVERSE_TAB_NEXT)
* Control#traverse(SWT.TRAVERSE_TAB_PREVIOUS)
will react in a table...

I'll try it out when I next find a little time. I'll get back to you on this when I've tried it out.

[Updated on: Wed, 26 March 2014 11:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: In table editing questions [message #1278301 is a reply to message #1277715] Thu, 27 March 2014 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After discussion with Andy Hoegger I created this bug: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=431306
Re: In table editing questions [message #1278553 is a reply to message #1278301] Thu, 27 March 2014 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Nick is currently offline Matthias NickFriend
Hi Urs,

FYI, I created a bug for the boolean column problem: 431356
Thanks for pointing out the problem.

Best regards,
Matthias
Re: In table editing questions [message #1279023 is a reply to message #1278553] Fri, 28 March 2014 06:13 Go to previous message
Hi Matthias,

I didn't mention the boolean column problem in my last post because Andy has told me that he had already fixed it. I'm not sure about the timing (i.e. if you created your bug after he fixed the issue or if your bug was the reason for him fixing it). Thanks in any case!
Previous Topic:How to get data out of formdata by fieldName
Next Topic:Table drag & drop
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:45:02 GMT 2024