Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » PHP remote debugging with xdebug
icon5.gif  PHP remote debugging with xdebug [message #1273468] Thu, 20 March 2014 03:43 Go to next message
Alain Roger is currently offline Alain RogerFriend
Hi,

it's been now a while i'm looking at a clear and reproductive tutorial or video about how to setup eclipse to remotely debug PHP website using xdebug.

all video i can see on internet are about local debugging and in my case this already work.

however, i want to have a representative development platform, therefore in virtualbox i have an ubuntu webserver where i have a standard user. i have a windows development machine where eclipse is installed and i want from this Windows platform to debug the PHP websites that are installed on the ubuntu webserver.

Please can you tell me step by step how to setup eclipse 4.3 for that purpose ?

i read the documentation in wikipedia of eclipse but this doesn't work.

it seems this point is a darkhole. Even if i use a sshs mounting manager software on windows to create a shared drive of my ubuntu web root (and made those file like if they were local) it does not work.

Video i've seen from youtube are mainly for local debugging and 2 are for remote debugging, however in a special configuration that is/are not standard.

thx for helping me.

A.
Re: PHP remote debugging with xdebug [message #1343697 is a reply to message #1273468] Fri, 09 May 2014 12:13 Go to previous message
jenno le is currently offline jenno leFriend
I'm also interested in this issue, any suggestions

Previous Topic:New folders in PHP Explorer
Next Topic:Strange behaviour of set breakpoint when using xdebug
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 11:36:51 GMT 2024