Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » using subversive with non-standard directory layouts
using subversive with non-standard directory layouts [message #1273054] Wed, 19 March 2014 12:08 Go to next message
Nick S is currently offline Nick SFriend
Hello,

I have a subversion repository with a layout like this:

<baseurl>/trunk/<projectname>
<baseurl>/branches/<projectname>/<branchname>
<baseurl>/tags/<projectname>/<tagname>

It is this way for historical reasons, which I won't go into here.

I'm trying to use this layout with Subversive. I can check out trunk branches fine, but if I try to create a branch using subversive, I seem to get into trouble. I get a branch <baseurl>/branches/<projectname>/<branchname>/<projectname>.

There is also the option to create new project layouts, but I cannot see how to make this use the project layout we have.

What's the correct way to achieve this with Subversive?

Thanks,

Nick

Re: using subversive with non-standard directory layouts [message #1273168 is a reply to message #1273054] Wed, 19 March 2014 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Since traffic here seems to be low, I've also asked on Stack Overflow. Seems I'm not allowed to post links here, but this is the link without the http: prefix:

//stackoverflow.com/questions/22512445/using-eclipse-with-non-standard-subversion-directory-layouts
Re: using subversive with non-standard directory layouts [message #1274614 is a reply to message #1273168] Fri, 21 March 2014 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
Hello Nick,

It is not the one of recommended layouts, so the automation is not available for it. In order to use such a layout you should open plug-in preferences and change the following option: Window->Preferences->Team->SVN->Project structure->Branch and Tag settings
from "Respect project structure" to "Manual specification"

Best regards,
Alexander Gurov,
Subversive Team.
Re: using subversive with non-standard directory layouts [message #1276293 is a reply to message #1274614] Mon, 24 March 2014 10:57 Go to previous message
Thanks for the reply. I have just tried this, and it does seem to stop Subversive trying to insert folders under my new branch.

Presumably it's a global setting, so I cannot have one repository in "respect" mode and the other in "manual" mode?

Of course it would be nicer if Subversive could "respect" arbitrary project structures: it might accept a specification for resource names in a repository's "Advanced" tab using a scheme such as "branches/%project/%branch" instead of simply "branches". Consider that a feature request!

Anyway, thank you, now I can do some work.
Previous Topic:switch to subeclipse from subversive in kepler
Next Topic:Subversion on Hudson-3.1.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:48:16 GMT 2024