Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Client Installer(Other than a zip file)
Client Installer [message #1271567] Sat, 15 March 2014 14:19 Go to next message
Dominic Hanlan is currently offline Dominic HanlanFriend
Hi,

I have an issue with the client application being produced as a zip file. I have a customer who has downloaded from the provided download page the client zip file and they got a warning from windows that this was not trusted. I know this is usual but they were worried about the message this was going to give to end users.

Is there a way of providing an installer which unzips the client and installs it?

Or is there another build target ??

Regards
Re: Client Installer [message #1272346 is a reply to message #1271567] Mon, 17 March 2014 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
This looks for me like an Windows System setting. Could you please describe the warning more precise? Or even better provide a screenshot?
Of interest would be if the warning appears during the download or during unzipping. Have you already googled for the issue?

-andreas
Re: Client Installer [message #1272595 is a reply to message #1272346] Tue, 18 March 2014 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Annoyingly the problem doesn't arise on my PC with this download. But I have seen it at various times with zip files. The customer is getting the warning though.

Any ideas on an installer solution?
Re: Client Installer [message #1273754 is a reply to message #1272595] Thu, 20 March 2014 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nils Israel is currently offline Nils IsraelFriend
Hi Dominic,
we are using the Nullsoft Installer to install our Scout application. You can use this example. In our setup the installer uses the latest stable zip provided by our hudson build.

Kind regards,
Nils
Re: Client Installer [message #1273770 is a reply to message #1273754] Thu, 20 March 2014 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, wrong example.

This is the correct one.

You have to add this to the install section (after setOutPath)
	file "resources\icon\application.ico"
	# Files added here should be removed by the uninstaller (see section "uninstall")
	InitPluginsDir
	NSISdl::download "http://URLTOZIPFILE" "$PLUGINSDIR\localfile.zip"
	Pop $R0 ;Get the return value
	StrCmp $R0 "success" +3
	MessageBox MB_OK "Download failed: $R0"
	Quit

nsisunz::UnzipToLog "$PLUGINSDIR\localfile.zip" "$INSTDIR"
	Pop $R0
	StrCmp $R0 "success" +2
		DetailPrint "$R0" ;print error message to log

This is from our installer file and probably I have changed and added something else. So probably this doesn't work out of the box but it should give you a start.
Re: Client Installer [message #1273839 is a reply to message #1273770] Thu, 20 March 2014 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Many thanks for for that, I'll get on to it right away.

Cheers
Re: Client Installer [message #1274341 is a reply to message #1273839] Fri, 21 March 2014 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Nils,

Just one small question how do I get the app.ico file to appear in the InstallDir, the unzip of the client gives me the .exe file but I can't get it to provide an ico. The eclipse branding embeds the icon in the exe file.

Cheers
Re: Client Installer [message #1274371 is a reply to message #1274341] Fri, 21 March 2014 11:28 Go to previous message
The path to the ico is relative to the .nsi file. I'm not sure but I think it is sufficient if it is present during compile time of the .nsi file.
Previous Topic:Kepler SR2 Docx4J bundle problem
Next Topic:Hibernate integration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:54:04 GMT 2024