Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » partitionType-based damager
partitionType-based damager [message #1270180] Wed, 12 March 2014 16:18 Go to next message
valentin Mising name is currently offline valentin Mising nameFriend
I see that document is partitioned. Then, every time user types anything, the the damager and repaer are called. It looks like parsing, followed by incremental parsing. The damager and reparer are is chosen based on the type of the initial partition. That is, if user eidted a comment then comment damager and reparer will be used. I do not get this. Suppose the edit has eliminated the comment completely. Why should the comment damager to be used for that? Alternatively suppose that I had a file

abc"

Suppose the first partition is an identifier, followed by portion of default text. Now, user injects a double quote in the beginning of text.

"abc"

The whole file must be colored green. I change the text only in the beginning but this affects format of the whole document. How does the damager/reparer based reconciliation architecture solve this problem?

[Updated on: Wed, 12 March 2014 16:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: partitionType-based damager [message #1270791 is a reply to message #1270180] Thu, 13 March 2014 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
You might want to ask this on the Eclipse Platform forum.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 March 2014 13:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: partitionType-based damager [message #1270869 is a reply to message #1270791] Thu, 13 March 2014 17:48 Go to previous message
valentin Mising name is currently offline valentin Mising nameFriend
Ok, I have created the question at http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/672202/. If you think that it is more appropriate, you may close this question here.
Previous Topic:Update Woes. Help!!!!
Next Topic:Console view no longer opens automatically when executing Ant target
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 20:22:58 GMT 2024