Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EMF-IncQuery » Use IncQueryObservables outside eclipse context (Rap)
Use IncQueryObservables outside eclipse context (Rap) [message #1269873] Wed, 12 March 2014 09:18 Go to next message
Christian Mohr is currently offline Christian MohrFriend
Hi,

we are trying to use the databinding functions of incquery in a RAP-Application. But the bundle "org.eclipse.incquery.databinding.runtime" requires the bundle "org.eclipse.ui" and this requires "org.eclipse.swt". So that's not possible.

For now we always moved dependency from "require plugin" to "import package". That at least fixed it for us, but would that be an option for you, too, or is the required plugin needed?

Another required plugin in "org.eclipse.incquery.runitme" is "org.apache.log4j", but we are using SLF4J, a facade for all the different logging implementations. Again moving the dependency from require to import, would allow us to use it without modifications.

Thanks for any responses.
Re: Use IncQueryObservables outside eclipse context (Rap) [message #1269925 is a reply to message #1269873] Wed, 12 March 2014 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zoltan Ujhelyi is currently offline Zoltan UjhelyiFriend
Hi,

generally, we tried to more or less consistently use require plug-ins, but your use case is also valid, and the solution seems fine by me.

If you have an already working version, can I ask you to share your solution either as a patch or a Gerrit review? It would ease our job by not finding out what you need specificaly.

Thanks in advance,
Zoltán
Re: Use IncQueryObservables outside eclipse context (Rap) [message #1270222 is a reply to message #1269925] Wed, 12 March 2014 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Zoltán

thanks for you response.

I can provide a patchfile for the logging-issue, but i can't find an option too add file attachements to the forum post yet. Shall i open a bug for that? And haven't looked into contributing via git/gerrit yet so, no review yet Smile.

I could also add the patchfile for the "eclipse.ui" issue, but in my opinion it would be better to seperate the api from the tooling(annotations). What do you think about that?

Greets
Christian

Re: Use IncQueryObservables outside eclipse context (Rap) [message #1270322 is a reply to message #1270222] Wed, 12 March 2014 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

please attach it to a (preferably new) Bugzilla ticket, otherwise I am not legally able to include it Smile . Additionally, if you haven't done so before, eclipse.org additionally requires a CLA signed (for details: http://wiki.eclipse.org/CLA). This basically means, all your contributions are created by yourself and you are legally able to contribute it to the project.

Thanks again,
Zoltán
Re: Use IncQueryObservables outside eclipse context (Rap) [message #1270334 is a reply to message #1270322] Wed, 12 March 2014 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, I missed another question from your last topic: for me, both issues seem to be combinable, as both are used to loosen the required dependencies.

Thanks again,
Zoltán
Re: Use IncQueryObservables outside eclipse context (Rap) [message #1270670 is a reply to message #1270334] Thu, 13 March 2014 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
created bug:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=430258

ill add the other patch file for the separtion of "org.eclipse.incquery.databinding.runtime" soon.
Re: Use IncQueryObservables outside eclipse context (Rap) [message #1365166 is a reply to message #1270670] Sun, 18 May 2014 21:14 Go to previous message
Thanks for the contributions; finally all of them are included in master.

Cheers,
Zoltán
Previous Topic:Concurrency in incquery
Next Topic:plugin.xml is not being generated automatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:23:35 GMT 2024