Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [Ecore Tools] Outline Model Navigator Empty(Outline Model Navigator Problem)
[Ecore Tools] Outline Model Navigator Empty [message #1269116] Tue, 11 March 2014 12:01 Go to next message
Angel Lopez is currently offline Angel LopezFriend
Dear all.

I have updated my Eclipse development environment from Juno to Kepler.
I have one model managed by a GMF Editor. This diagram uses the ecore tools outline (v 1.1.0.201205150811) that worked fine in Juno, but in Kepler(v 1.2.0.21036071421) only works the upper part with the diagram in small size and doesn't work the model navigator with the tree view. I don't know why.

index.php/fa/17707/0/

Debugging the code in bot eclipse versions, the only difference i see arises in the AbstractModelNavigator.getModelResource(), Juno returns a GMFResource and Kepler a MymodelResourceImpl object, but the contents of both are the same, a ResourceImpl object with the model instance as data.

To use the ecore tools outline in Juno I followed the steps described here:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/461205/

There is a bug in the 1.2 version with outline view? I have to follow another steps?.

I'll appreciate any help.

Best regards.

[Updated on: Tue, 11 March 2014 12:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Ecore Tools] Outline Model Navigator Empty [message #1270189 is a reply to message #1269116] Wed, 12 March 2014 16:36 Go to previous message
Angel Lopez is currently offline Angel LopezFriend
Solution:

Avoid the NavigatorContentProvider because this condition is never true due my model is not an EcorePackage.eINSTANCE. In Juno, returned as GMFResource, the condition was true and all worked.

Use and AdapterFactoryContentProvider .

@Override
protected void initProviders() {			

AdapterFactoryContentProvider adapterContentProvider = new NavigatorAdapterFactoryContentProvider(getAdapterFactory());
			adapterContentProvider.inputChanged(getTreeViewer(), null, null);
			getTreeViewer().setContentProvider(adapterContentProvider);

Regards
Previous Topic:[EMFForms] How to enable creation and linking of Reference Features when embedding the Editor?
Next Topic:[EMF Forms] Editing composition
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:47:27 GMT 2024