Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Requirements Modeling Framework  » Linking between two reqif files
Linking between two reqif files [message #1267708] Sun, 09 March 2014 12:31 Go to next message
Frank Oltmanns is currently offline Frank OltmannsFriend
Hi all,

in my current set-up I would like to have a high-level requirement specification describing my system behaviour. This specification is stored in an eclipse project that does not have any source code. The different software modules of my system are each stored in their own eclipse project. In these projects I would also like to create an ReqIF document that contains the lower level requirements for this software module.

My question: Is it possible to link from the lower level ReqIF files to the high level ReqIF file using ProR/RMF? I've tried it using "initiate linking" in the low level spec and "complete linking from selection" in the higher level spec. At first it looked good in the low level spec, as I could see high level requirement as source and the low level requirement as target. In the high level requirement specification I could see no links at all though. After saving, closing and re-opening the low level specification file, it was still visible that there are links, but the source suddenly was shown as "null" instead of the high level requirement.

I hope it's clear what I want to achieve. It would also be okay for me to create all specification documents in the same ReqIF file, if this feature is not (yet) supported.

Best regards,
Frank
Re: Linking between two reqif files [message #1268277 is a reply to message #1267708] Mon, 10 March 2014 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hello Frank,

> My question: Is it possible to link from the lower level ReqIF files to the high level ReqIF file using ProR/RMF?

The standard supports this. However, we did not spend time yet on properly implementing this. As we use EMF, things *seem* to work. But this is just the default EMF magic doing its thing, which is the reason why things fail down the road.

This is currently relatively low on our todo list, to be honest with you. Nevertheless, you can indicate your interest in this topic by voting on this item:

https://formalmind.zendesk.com/entries/26725251-Allow-cross-Reqif-File-linking

If you have interest in helping with the implementation, then let me know.

- Michael
Re: Linking between two reqif files [message #1271305 is a reply to message #1268277] Fri, 14 March 2014 19:44 Go to previous message
Frank Oltmanns is currently offline Frank OltmannsFriend
Hi Michael,

thanks for your fast reply. I'm just getting started with RMF/ProR and I'm using it for a hobby project, so it's totally fine for me to have all requirements in just one file.

Best regards,
Frank
Previous Topic:XSLT for converting into LaTeX/PDF
Next Topic:Find/Filter/Sort requirements in a specification
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 04:49:11 GMT 2024