Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » ETL trafo plug-in - no target model visible(After trafo the generated model is not visible in the workspace)
ETL trafo plug-in - no target model visible [message #1267669] Sun, 09 March 2014 11:03 Go to next message
Alexander Fülleborn is currently offline Alexander FüllebornFriend
Hello,

I have a problem with an Eclipse plug-in that I wrote for an ETL module. I do not see any output model. Do I need to take care about any additional property, or what might be the reason? If I run my ETL module with a launch configuration, it works fine, I see the generated file afterwards.

Thanks for any appreciated hints.

Cheers, Alexander
Re: ETL trafo plug-in - no target model visible [message #1267717 is a reply to message #1267669] Sun, 09 March 2014 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Alexander,

Could you please try calling setStoredOnDisposal(true) on your target model and disposing of the module's model repository when you're done (module.getContext().getModelRepository().dispose())?

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: ETL trafo plug-in - no target model visible [message #1268308 is a reply to message #1267717] Mon, 10 March 2014 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris,

thanks a lot for your support. I have already tried this, but unfortunately, that did not help. Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks a lot and kind regards, Alexander
Re: ETL trafo plug-in - no target model visible [message #1268714 is a reply to message #1268308] Mon, 10 March 2014 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Alexander,

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head I'm afraid. Could you please put together a minimal example [1] I can use to reproduce this?

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] http://eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/minimal-examples/
Re: ETL trafo plug-in - no target model visible [message #1268952 is a reply to message #1268714] Tue, 11 March 2014 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris,

I attached my plug-in ressources. In the BaseHandler.java file, all the relevant source code is available. The ETL module that I call is located in "ProPGen_PCM2PCP_Transformation.etl". In case you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get back to me.

Thanks in advance and kind regards, Alexander
Re: ETL trafo plug-in - no target model visible [message #1269836 is a reply to message #1268952] Wed, 12 March 2014 08:39 Go to previous message

Hi Alexander,

When I run your code on Model_Fowler.uml in a new workspace, I get the following exception.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.Activator.getURLConverter(Activator.java:321)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.FileLocator.toFileURL(FileLocator.java:205)
at de.uni.due.swe.propman.propgen.pcm2pcptrafo.handler.BaseHandler.getFileInBundle(BaseHandler.java:229)
at de.uni.due.swe.propman.propgen.pcm2pcptrafo.handler.BaseHandler.executeEtl(BaseHandler.java:179)
at de.uni.due.swe.propman.propgen.pcm2pcptrafo.handler.BaseHandler$1.run(BaseHandler.java:265)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53)

To speed things up, it'd be useful if you could strip your example down (400+ lines of code hardly qualifies as "minimal" Smile ) to the bare essentials.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:Eugenia: Starters/ideas to automate GMF generation?
Next Topic:Nodes with image defined at run-time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:16:22 GMT 2024