Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » ProR ReqIF to Papyrus
ProR ReqIF to Papyrus [message #1267647] Sun, 09 March 2014 10:10 Go to next message
David Vandergucht is currently offline David VanderguchtFriend
Good morning everyone.

Just wondering if it's possible to import or link a ProR Requirement document to a Papyrus Model, and if yes, how ? I've seen some slides regarding importing requirement from word through RegIf to Papyrus but I don't know if it work at the end of the day or if it's just a project... Or I must be missing the 'how to' part...

Thanks a lot for your help.

David
Re: ProR ReqIF to Papyrus [message #1268214 is a reply to message #1267647] Mon, 10 March 2014 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tomas Sandkvist is currently offline Tomas SandkvistFriend
Hi David!

I wonder if you should put this question in the ProR forum instead. I know Michael answers pretty quick, and he's probably the one who knows.

Regards,
Tomas Sandkvist
Re: ProR ReqIF to Papyrus [message #1268290 is a reply to message #1268214] Mon, 10 March 2014 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

Quote:
I wonder if you should put this question in the ProR forum instead. I know Michael answers pretty quick, and he's probably the one who knows.

Yes, that's probably the best place to ask. Papyrus is an extensible framework, and we don't know about all the possible extensions.

Papyrus itself doesn't provide any "ProR to Papyrus" feature, but this may exist somewhere else.

Papyrus, however, supports "Hyperlinks" to files (Hover an element for ~1 second, then click on the popup green "+" to add an Hyperlink.

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: ProR ReqIF to Papyrus [message #1268697 is a reply to message #1268290] Mon, 10 March 2014 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Vandergucht is currently offline David VanderguchtFriend
All right thanks both of you for your answers. As far as I understand, it could be done with some scripting but there's no plan to have the two tools converging right ?
I guess I will focus on Papyrus in order to directly describe all my requirements in the model rather than fiddling around with requirements documents here and there not in sync with the model. But I also find ProR requirements management "tree" quite handy... maybe it would be nice to have a "tabular tree view in papyrus" ?

Anyway thank you guys for your time.

David
Re: ProR ReqIF to Papyrus [message #1287054 is a reply to message #1267647] Mon, 07 April 2014 10:41 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hello,

Le 09/03/2014 17:50, David Vandergucht a écrit :
> Just wondering if it's possible to import or link a ProR Requirement
> document to a Papyrus Model, and if yes, how ?

An experimental version of ProR allows such a linking between ProR and
Papyrus SysML elements. This this documentation for details:

https://github.com/openETCS/toolchain/wiki/Documentation#Tracing_Requirements_and_SysML_Models

[ openETCS tool-chain is openETCS project's specific version of Eclipse
with Papyrus and ProR. ]

Sincerely yours,
D. Mentré
Previous Topic:occurrencespecification can't reserve order in sequence diagram
Next Topic:Accessing a element in Model Explorer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:49:01 GMT 2024