Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF Diff/Merge » Option 'each other as models' doesn't show(Although I installed EMF DiffMerge, I cannot compare 'as models')
Option 'each other as models' doesn't show [message #1265015] Wed, 05 March 2014 17:40 Go to next message
Felipe González is currently offline Felipe GonzálezFriend
Hello,

I installed EMF DiffMerge locally though 'Help > Install New Software' and selecting the zip downloaded here.

Sadly I haven't found yet the option 'Compare with > each other as models'. Any help is appreciated.

I'm using a MacBook Pro Late 2012, Eclipse version: Kepler Service Release 2, Build id: 20140224-0627.

Regards,
Felipe.
Re: Option 'each other as models' doesn't show [message #1265835 is a reply to message #1265015] Thu, 06 March 2014 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olivier Constant is currently offline Olivier ConstantFriend
Hi Felipe,

Yes, there is something wrong with the installation procedure. Sorry for that, I have to fix it. The problem can be easily avoided, though.

Before you select the feature to install, uncheck "Group items by category". You can then proceed with the installation normally and the feature should install correctly.

Please let me know if you still encounter issues.

Cheers,
Olivier
Re: Option 'each other as models' doesn't show [message #1266011 is a reply to message #1265835] Thu, 06 March 2014 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olivier,

thank you for your answer, I was able to install and use DiffMerge. Silly me.
I'm planning to use it programmatically, there's anything besides the examples on the wiki page?

Regards,
Felipe.
Re: Option 'each other as models' doesn't show [message #1269054 is a reply to message #1266011] Tue, 11 March 2014 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olivier Constant is currently offline Olivier ConstantFriend
Hi Felipe,

Sorry for the delay! The wiki page is minimalistic on purpose: it is intended to be as short as possible while providing the exact amount of information needed. So if you feel that some information that would be useful to you is missing, or that the page is unclear somewhere, then this feedback is more than welcome.

Cheers,
Olivier

Re: Option 'each other as models' doesn't show [message #1269486 is a reply to message #1269054] Tue, 11 March 2014 23:34 Go to previous message
Thanks Olivier!
I want to develop something with Diff/Merge and/or Compare. Currently I'm struggling with Compare, but I will give to Diff/Merge a try.

Regards,
Felipe.
Previous Topic:Questions about future versions
Next Topic:Missing resource in comparisonViewer in latest version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:03:05 GMT 2024