Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » (eclipse rcp 3.x) No view-elements displayed when launching via .product
(eclipse rcp 3.x) No view-elements displayed when launching via .product [message #1263277] Tue, 04 March 2014 10:35 Go to next message
Julian Reuthlinger is currently offline Julian ReuthlingerFriend
Hi,

it has been a while since i've programmed with eclipse rcp 3.x. But right now i got just the following problem:

If i launch my application with the MANIFEST.MF-file everything will work and be displayed as it should, but as soon as i launch it with my .product-file the view-elements won't be displayed. createPartControl of the view is called in both ways, but in the one via the .product-file the view isn't displayed at all. Menus, etc. are completely displayed correct. See file attachments.

I really can't find my mistake. Maybe some of you can give me some advice Smile

Thanks!

Best regards
Julian
Re: (eclipse rcp 3.x) No view-elements displayed when launching via .product [message #1263481 is a reply to message #1263277] Tue, 04 March 2014 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hussein MHANNA is currently offline Hussein MHANNAFriend
Hi Julian,

Have you added all the required plugins in your product file and in your run configuration file?

Have you clicked on "Syncrhonize" before launching your application?

Best regards,

Hussein

ALL4TEC
Re: (eclipse rcp 3.x) No view-elements displayed when launching via .product [message #1263529 is a reply to message #1263277] Tue, 04 March 2014 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Update:

Actually i've restructured the main-plugin. After solving the error "Could not create the view: package.name.view" by changing the view's ID in both MANIFEST.MF and View-class from something like "package.name.ui.views.view" to "package.name.view".

At the moment i don't really know why i got to change this ID exactly that way but anyway: it works Smile
Maybe someone can explain me the failure I've done.
Re: (eclipse rcp 3.x) No view-elements displayed when launching via .product [message #1263590 is a reply to message #1263481] Tue, 04 March 2014 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Hussein,

Yes i did those steps.

But as you can read i've already found a solution to my specific problem.

Thank you anyway! Smile

Best regards,
Julian

[Updated on: Tue, 04 March 2014 16:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: (eclipse rcp 3.x) No view-elements displayed when launching via .product [message #1263614 is a reply to message #1263590] Tue, 04 March 2014 16:36 Go to previous message
Hussein MHANNA is currently offline Hussein MHANNAFriend
You're welcome Julian http://www.eclipse.org/forums/images/smiley_icons/icon_wink.gif.

Best Regards,

Hussein

ALL4TEC
Previous Topic:fragment.e4xmi perspective does not show specified icon
Next Topic:persist or retain view state
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:46:56 GMT 2024