Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » New version 1.1.0 preview available
New version 1.1.0 preview available [message #1262856] Tue, 04 March 2014 02:37 Go to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi all,

We have had a lot of requests to simplify and improve the model extensibility aspect of the BPMN2 Modeler. I'm happy to announce that this effort is now complete and a "preview" version of 1.1.0 is now availble here.

Here are some of the highlights:

* The editor's model extension mechanism is now fully dynamic - it is no longer necessary to create an EMF model and generate java implementation classes.

* Extension Point elements can be defined in runtime configuration files.

* The <model> extension element is no longer required but can be used to specify a default model namespace URI

* The <customTask> and <modelExtension> elements now allow you to specify a namespace URI for the model extension attributes and elements.

* A "label" attribute has been added to the <property> element, which allows you to specify a more descriptive text label in the editor Property Sheets and dialogs.

* A new <dataType> extension element has been added which allows you to contribute custom data types and conversion delegates for converting to/from string type.

* The Extension Point API document has been flushed out with examples for some of the more complex features.

I'm still working on a more complete developer guide, so stay tuned Smile

Bob
Re: New version 1.1.0 preview available [message #1263402 is a reply to message #1262856] Tue, 04 March 2014 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alan Artigao is currently offline Alan ArtigaoFriend
Fantastic!

This was exactly what our team was looking for. Two questions arise:

- Aprox. when will be the documentation available?
- (jBPM related) This version includes scanning of .wid/.conf files at classpath level? (Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it only scans the project). I think this will be a useful feature because this way we can have a centralized JAR with all the item descriptions and implementations (and not necessary repeat the .conf/.wid files in every BPMN project).

Thank you for your effort!

Cheers.
Re: New version 1.1.0 preview available [message #1263530 is a reply to message #1263402] Tue, 04 March 2014 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Alan, and welcome to the forum Smile

I'm working on the doc as I write this, so should have something before the end of the week. As always, comments/suggestions are welcomed.

Regarding the wid files: I was not aware that there was a requirement to search for these in the classpath. Do we also need the ability to search jars for these resources? Please create an enhancement request so we can track this.

Cheers,
Bob
Re: New version 1.1.0 preview available [message #1264442 is a reply to message #1263530] Wed, 05 March 2014 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alan Artigao is currently offline Alan ArtigaoFriend
Ok Bob, enchancement created: 429639

Thank you for your quick response Smile

Cheers,
Alan
Re: New version 1.1.0 preview available [message #1268018 is a reply to message #1264442] Mon, 10 March 2014 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mhammad makni is currently offline mhammad makniFriend
hi Robert,
I downloaded the BPMN2 Modeler from git repository and I tested the model extensibility aspect and unfortunately I didn't see the changes as you describe it, I didn't know the cause but I think it is may be because of my misunderstanding.
so I'm wondering if the developer guide gonna be ready soon.

to be reassured could you mention in your next post if the new version does meet these requirements or not:
-adding of several shape in the palette, these shapes could be node( task, event ..) or connection.
-these shape are considered as sub type of the meta classes of bpmn2 meta model for instance temporal dependency described in customtask example as a sub type of FlowElement ( this point is required foe theoretic needs)
-the property tab for each shape that serve to update the properties specific to the selected shape is showed without problem
-the xml file issued of the modeling shows the tag of each shape added whith its properties.

I can't wait to test it after almost an year since my first post.
thank you very much for your effort. Smile
Re: New version 1.1.0 preview available [message #1271576 is a reply to message #1268018] Sat, 15 March 2014 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi Robert,
I'm sorry to disturb you Embarrassed
is there some thing new about developer guide?
thanks. Smile
Re: New version 1.1.0 preview available [message #1272737 is a reply to message #1271576] Tue, 18 March 2014 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Mhammand,

I'm at EclipseCon 2014 all of this week, so haven't been able to keep up with forums and email Wink
Please download the latest build from here http://download.eclipse.org/bpmn2-modeler/updates/luna/1.1.0
and read the extension point schema documentation for org.eclipse.bpmn2.modeler.runtime.
I've been working on developer documentation, but it probably won't be complete for another few weeks.

HTH,
Bob
Re: New version 1.1.0 preview available [message #1272850 is a reply to message #1272737] Tue, 18 March 2014 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi Robert,
thanks for the effort and sorry for disturbing you again, but i want just be ressured if the next version satisfies the needs that I've posted in this comment http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/665132/1268018/#msg_1268018
please could you view it and respond me.
I hope you success in the conference. Smile
thanks.
Re: New version 1.1.0 preview available [message #1274417 is a reply to message #1272850] Fri, 21 March 2014 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yes, have a look at the new datatypes example plugin.
Re: New version 1.1.0 preview available [message #1276734 is a reply to message #1274417] Tue, 25 March 2014 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi Robert,
there is still some difficulties using bpmn2 extension model, but, I'm working on it.
I want to ask you about the utility of the plugin project that I'll create, because from what I saw the in bpmn2 plugin I deduced that I should export the plugin into jar file and place it into the plugins folder in eclipse, then I should configure the project with the target runtime in order to use my extension.
am I right in my deduction? Rolling Eyes
waiting for your response and your precious tips.
thank you very much. Smile
Regards.
Re: New version 1.1.0 preview available [message #1280749 is a reply to message #1276734] Sun, 30 March 2014 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi Robert;
I forgot to invoke a problem that I think it major.
when I define more than one shape types event definition, the property tabs of each shape will be shown even when its shape is not selected, so as result we'll have a sequence of propr tab as many as my shapes.
eventually, I request to get the way of using the plugin project (extension) with bpmn2 editor as I mentioned in this post http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/665132/1276734/#msg_1276734

thank you very very much Robert. Smile
Regards.
icon4.gif  Re: New version 1.1.0 preview available [message #1280754 is a reply to message #1280749] Sun, 30 March 2014 22:28 Go to previous message
Hi again, Embarrassed
I posted my previous request because I didn't have the chance to test the plugin. Confused
sorry for bothering you.
thanks. Smile
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/665132/1280749/#msg_1280749
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/665132/1276734/#msg_1276734
Previous Topic:Default profile
Next Topic:Subprocess / Call activity process defined in a separate file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:32:51 GMT 2024