Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Unwanted comments in generated Java Code
Unwanted comments in generated Java Code [message #1262302] Mon, 03 March 2014 13:32 Go to next message
Peter Own is currently offline Peter OwnFriend
Hi,

I'm using a custom AbtractModelInferrer to generate Java code for my DSL. In a lot of places, I use the newTypeRef method from JvmTypesBuilder to create parameter types, fields types of return types of the classes/methods that I want to generate.

My problem is that half the time, the generated code for the type reference is commented and replaced by a generic Object type. Surprisingly, it only happens when the type reference is a generic type (List<X> or AnyClass<Y>).

As an example, half the time it generates...
public List<ChannelPort> getPort() {

... and the other half:
public /* List<ChannelPort> */Object getPort() {

What surprises me is that if I manually uncomment everything, the generated code compiles. I don't get why Xtext decides to comment this, since everything would work without these comments.

Thanks for your help,

Peter
Re: Unwanted comments in generated Java Code [message #1262400 is a reply to message #1262302] Mon, 03 March 2014 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

how does your inferrer look like? maybe its not always sure if the inferred return type is correct.
have a look at jvmmodelgenerator

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Unwanted comments in generated Java Code [message #1263396 is a reply to message #1262400] Tue, 04 March 2014 12:49 Go to previous message
Peter Own is currently offline Peter OwnFriend
I wasn't aware of the JvmModelGenerator. I will debug that to see where my problem relies (seems like the hasErrors function on the generated objects returns true, which produces the commented output).

Thanks
Previous Topic:Add UML-Profiles to Xtext-Models
Next Topic:xtext noobie doubt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:39:18 GMT 2024