Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Icon legend
Icon legend [message #1261690] Sun, 02 March 2014 22:43 Go to next message
Vadim Peretokin is currently offline Vadim PeretokinFriend
Hi,

Is there a legend available for the various icons on top of the property icon?

http://i.imgur.com/IpIk7ct.png
Re: Icon legend [message #1262167 is a reply to message #1261690] Mon, 03 March 2014 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

This is the visibility decorator.

Red "-": Private
Blue "~": Package
Yellow "#": Protected
Green "+": Public
Nothing: Undefined (The difference between "public" and "undefined" wasn't clear in the UML2.4 spec., but I think they have updated that in UML2.5)

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Icon legend [message #1262628 is a reply to message #1262167] Mon, 03 March 2014 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you. What about the arrow that is seen on the 1st and 5th properties?
Re: Icon legend [message #1263247 is a reply to message #1262628] Tue, 04 March 2014 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know. I've never seen this overlay before and I cannot reproduce it.

Also, it seems that some of your properties also have a yellow "-" in addition to the red one. I've never seen this one either.

Do you use a specific profile? Profiles can provide custom images. For example, the arrow on your example might mean that the direction of the property is "in" (SysML has a similar icon for flowproperties with direction = in)

Camille Letavernier
Re: Icon legend [message #1263964 is a reply to message #1263247] Tue, 04 March 2014 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm. How is Papyrus related to other Eclipse components - I hear it is built on GMF? I don't know my way around this, but would like to find out where else can I look for the icon legend.

I don't think I used a specific profile - the model I'm using comes from MDHT. It's a UML model so I created a Papyrus diagram from it.
Re: Icon legend [message #1264486 is a reply to message #1263964] Wed, 05 March 2014 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Papyrus is built on top of many Eclipse components: EMF, UML2, GMF, ...

The standard icons are provided by the UML2 project, which contributes to EMF ItemProviders. Any component which contributes to EMF can provide specific ItemProviders (Specific images).

In a standard Eclipse Modeling installation, I don't know who could provide these icons. But maybe you've installed the MDHT tool? Maybe it does contribute some specific icons?

Camille Letavernier
Re: Icon legend [message #1404682 is a reply to message #1261690] Tue, 05 August 2014 05:00 Go to previous message
Sorry, missed replying to this. I don't think it contributes any icons, but it does make heavy use of UML generalisations, subsets and redefines, which are pretty unusual in UML modelling - maybe that is what the icons are for.
Previous Topic:Activity diagrams & Class operations definition
Next Topic:Sequence diagram for object creation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:44:24 GMT 2024