Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [Eugenia] using xcore class from another plugin
[Eugenia] using xcore class from another plugin [message #1259625] Fri, 28 February 2014 16:06 Go to next message
Phil H is currently offline Phil HFriend
Hi,

I wonder if Eugenia is supporting to refer a class inside a xcore file from an EMFatic file?
Both, the xcore and EMFatic file, are contained in different plugins (eclipse porject).

Imagine the following project structure:

Project A, containing the xcore:
Code: [Select all] [Show/ hide]
class Com extends ICom{
	contains IPort[] ports
}

Project B, containing the EMFatic file:
import "platform:/resource/pathToProject/model/comp.xcore";
class Feature{
  	attr EString name;
        ref Com[*] softwareComs;
}

This seems to work fine so far, as there are no errors shown. So I used Eugenia to generate my Editor, but the editor didn't contain an attribute softwareComs for Feature elements. Inside my FeatureItemProvider in the .edit project, there is also no generated PropertyDescriptors for this class. Isn't Eugenia supporting such a use case?

[Updated on: Fri, 28 February 2014 17:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Eugenia] using xcore class from another plugin [message #1261609 is a reply to message #1259625] Sun, 02 March 2014 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Phil,

I'm afraid that Eugenia doesn't support Ecore metamodels spanning across multiple files (see related note under the Troubleshooting section of [1]).

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/eugenia-gmf-tutorial/
Re: [Eugenia] using xcore class from another plugin [message #1263542 is a reply to message #1261609] Tue, 04 March 2014 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phil H is currently offline Phil HFriend
Thx for you answer Dimitris.

Is there maybe a way to realize this manually, after Eugenia generated the editor? Maybe alter the generated ecore and then use emf mechanism to update the editor? I just want to have a multiplicity reference to the class Com insid my Feature class.

Cheers,
Phil
Re: [Eugenia] using xcore class from another plugin [message #1266301 is a reply to message #1263542] Fri, 07 March 2014 08:43 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Phil,

I'm afraid I can't think of a way to do this off the top of my head. Could you please file an enhancement request so that we can have a look at what's needed to support such metamodels?

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=epsilon

Cheers,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:Emfatic Generating two packages
Next Topic:Eugenia: Starters/ideas to automate GMF generation?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 07:08:27 GMT 2024