Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Create a Birt report with Jubula
Create a Birt report with Jubula [message #1252737] Fri, 21 February 2014 14:54 Go to next message
Elise Ruelle is currently offline Elise RuelleFriend
Hi,

I have a little problem to generate a BIRT report with Jubula.
When I'm on the "Functional Test Reporting" Perspective, I select the arrow next to the 'Create ITE BIRT Report'. I select the type of report and a window is created (BIRT Report Viewer). But in this window, I have nothing as is shown by the attachment.

So, my question is how can I create a BIRT report ? Have I missed something in the configuration ?

I work with the Jubula Standalone 7.1.0.

Thanks for any quick help,

Elise
  • Attachment: birt view.PNG
    (Size: 56.25KB, Downloaded 332 times)

Elise Ruelle

ALL4TEC

[Updated on: Fri, 21 February 2014 14:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Create a Birt report with Jubula [message #1256198 is a reply to message #1252737] Tue, 25 February 2014 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ajantha Yogamoorthy is currently offline Ajantha YogamoorthyFriend
Hello Elise,

can you tell me in detail which report you want to generate? And which system are you using?

Ajantha
Re: Create a Birt report with Jubula [message #1256209 is a reply to message #1256198] Tue, 25 February 2014 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Ajantha,

I want to generate the "Test History" Report proposed by Jubula in the "Functional Test Reporting". I just would like to have a report with the Test Suites result (OK/Failed) for a day. For that I would like to use the functionality proposed by Jubula to generate a report. But when I use it I always have an empty window.
Do I need to add something to Jubula to use this feature ?

I use Jubula 7.1 on a Windows 7.
I've tried with the version 7.2 of Jubula standalone but I have the same issue.

Thanks per advance for your help or any idea

Elise

Elise Ruelle

ALL4TEC

[Updated on: Wed, 26 February 2014 16:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Create a Birt report with Jubula [message #1257640 is a reply to message #1256209] Wed, 26 February 2014 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ajantha Yogamoorthy is currently offline Ajantha YogamoorthyFriend
Hello Elise,

which browser are you using? What is written in the log? There is a ticket in Bugzilla about a similar problem. Maybe this information will help you.

Ajantha
Re: Create a Birt report with Jubula [message #1257665 is a reply to message #1257640] Wed, 26 February 2014 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
I don't use any browser because I use this feature from Jubula. Jubula opens a window (for me it's empty like the screenshot from my first post) and it supposed to allow me to select my preferences for the generation of a report. But if I try to save the source code of this window and execute it on chrome I can see the window to select the properties for the generation of the report as you can see in the screenshot of my browser but I can't do anything from this.

I don't have any log in jubula.
Thanks for the link to the bug entry but the bug entry refers to an opening problem but for me it's a more a generation problem.

To generate some BIRT reports from Jubula, need I to add some elements to the jubula's installation ?

Have you any idea to help me ? Because I don't understand why with a clean installation I can't use this feature.

Thanks for any help,

Elise Ruelle

ALL4TEC
Re: Create a Birt report with Jubula [message #1258272 is a reply to message #1257665] Thu, 27 February 2014 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Elise,

Sorry for the confusion. As far as I'm aware, even the in-built BIRT uses a browser. I believe it takes your operating system's standard browser. That's why the bug entry may be of use, since it describes a known problem with a newer browser. It may be worth having a look at the comments - there are links to workarounds which we tried and found that they worked.

There is no extra installation necessary to use BIRT reports, and no extra configuration either. Let us know though, if the tips described in the bug report don't help, and we'll see what else it could be.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Create a Birt report with Jubula [message #1258583 is a reply to message #1258272] Thu, 27 February 2014 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alexandra,

Thanks for your reply! I understand what mean Ajantha in his response. I've downgraded the version of my Internet Explorer to the version 10 and I can see the parameter window and try to generate a report.

However, I think I'm unlucky because, one more time, I have a question...

Now I select an entry in the Start/End Date and Time (Yesterday and Now) and let the other fields to %. The generation starts and stops with an error.
Quote:
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details: Failed to prepare the query execution for the data set: TestresultSummary1 Cannot get the result set metadata. org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: SQL statement does not return a ResultSet object.

In more detail, the error says "org.postgresqlutil.PSQLException: ERROR: the operator doesn't exist: boolean=integer Hint: No operator matches the given name and arguments types. You must ass explicites conversions of types. Position 741"

I've tried different reports and different values for each parameter and I can't have a report Confused

Thanks you a lot to both.
I hope you can help me one more time!

Elise Ruelle

ALL4TEC
Re: Create a Birt report with Jubula [message #1259261 is a reply to message #1258583] Fri, 28 February 2014 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Elise,

Are you using postgresQL? It looks like it might be the case from the error message, but I'm not sure.
There was this ticket about this behaviour that contains some more information.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Create a Birt report with Jubula [message #1259290 is a reply to message #1259261] Fri, 28 February 2014 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alexandra,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I'm using a PostgreSQL database. I read the bug and the stack trace are exactly the same.
So, have you any clue for me to solved it or this point will it be resolved ?

Best regards,

Elise Ruelle

ALL4TEC
Re: Create a Birt report with Jubula [message #1268457 is a reply to message #1259290] Mon, 10 March 2014 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Elise,

At the moment, the ticket is set to wontfix, as the postgres database isn't one of our regression-tested fully supported databases. There are a few options here - you can definitely comment on the ticket that it affects you, and you can reopen it. Depending on time, we'll reassess and reprioritize, but I can't guarantee if/when it will be addressed. If you want us to definitely look at this issue to ensure you can work with PostGres, then you might want to consider sponsoring the development of the ability to use BIRT with PostGres [1].

Best regards,
Alex

[1] http://testing.bredex.de/sponsored-development.html
Re: Create a Birt report with Jubula [message #1719919 is a reply to message #1252737] Wed, 13 January 2016 08:18 Go to previous message
Michael Renker is currently offline Michael RenkerFriend
Hello,

I have a problem generating BIRT report for all Reports except Test Result
[please see attachements]

I am using Jubula 8.2, Firefox 43.0.3, IE 11 (i did not work there as well) on a Win 7 machine

Thank you in advance
Previous Topic:"o.e.j.client.core.functions" what are the capabilities of this extension point?
Next Topic:How to configure JUBULA with ECLIPSE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:39:13 GMT 2024