Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Different scopes in formfield definition for SWT, RAP and Swing
Different scopes in formfield definition for SWT, RAP and Swing [message #1252686] Fri, 21 February 2014 13:36 Go to next message
zdenek.velartscoveco.cz Velart is currently offline zdenek.velartscoveco.cz VelartFriend
Hello,

I have found a difference between IFormFieldExtension (and in formfields.esxd respectivelly) in Swing, RAP and SWT. Both in SWT a RAP there are defined three scopes default, global, local.

In Swing there are only two scopes default and global. I'm using Rayo extension and want to change TimeChooser to provide time with interval of 15 minutes instead of default 30 min. Because there are only two scopes, I defined in plugin.xml my formfield in scope global. Because there is already defined such field in com.bsiag.scout.rt.ui.swing.rayo, scout prints out the following message and my field is not registered.

The bundles 'com.bsiag.scout.rt.ui.swing.rayo' and 'com.scoveco.maleda.ui.swing' are both providing an form field extension to 'org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.ui.form.fields.datefield.IDateField' with the same scope.

Is this intended, that swing has defined only two scopes? If so, is there a possibility to tell the TimeChooser time interval?

Regards,
Zdenek
Re: Different scopes in formfield definition for SWT, RAP and Swing [message #1255414 is a reply to message #1252686] Mon, 24 February 2014 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Nick is currently offline Matthias NickFriend
Hi Zdenek,

thank you very much for your question. I agree, there is no possibility to use your own implementation. There should be an option, like a priority, to allow the usage of your own implementation. Would you mind to create a bug for this?
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/Contribution#Opening_new_Bugs

Thanks.
Best regards,
Matthias

[Updated on: Mon, 24 February 2014 14:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Different scopes in formfield definition for SWT, RAP and Swing [message #1259424 is a reply to message #1255414] Fri, 28 February 2014 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zdenek.velartscoveco.cz Velart is currently offline zdenek.velartscoveco.cz VelartFriend
Hi Matthias,

thank you for you reply. I opened a bug for this https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=429307

Thanks
Zdenek
Re: Different scopes in formfield definition for SWT, RAP and Swing [message #1262096 is a reply to message #1259424] Mon, 03 March 2014 08:58 Go to previous message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Thank you!

According to the Eclipse development process you need to sign the Contributor License Agreements

It a 3 steps process (see the how to). If have developed this patch during your working day, check with your company if you are allowed to sign the CLA.
Previous Topic:Multi-Module
Next Topic:Adding context menus to fields
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:37:54 GMT 2024