Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » 'Add all related elements' option?
'Add all related elements' option? [message #1251061] Wed, 19 February 2014 22:03 Go to next message
Vadim Peretokin is currently offline Vadim PeretokinFriend
Is it possible to, given an element on the diagram, add all related elements to it onto the diagram? A similar feature exists in Sparx EA, and is very handy for populating a large diagram quickly.
Re: 'Add all related elements' option? [message #1252105 is a reply to message #1251061] Thu, 20 February 2014 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another reason I ask, besides the efficiency, is that it seems the way you add elements onto the class diagram matters: if I drag and drop a whole lot of associations at once, classes for them will be duplicated:

http://i.imgur.com/y4XyqJq.png

However if I drag and drop them one by one, duplication does not occur:

http://i.imgur.com/W4cHGhj.png
Re: 'Add all related elements' option? [message #1255272 is a reply to message #1252105] Mon, 24 February 2014 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

Quote:
Another reason I ask, besides the efficiency, is that it seems the way you add elements onto the class diagram matters: if I drag and drop a whole lot of associations at once, classes for them will be duplicated:

Yes, this is a known issue. The workaround is: drop all nodes, then drop all links.

When you right click on an element (or a set of elements), you can use Navigate > Restore related elements. It will restore the incoming/outcoming links to/from the selected element(s). However, I think it will not restore the related nodes, i.e. it will restore the Association link only if the target Classifier is already displayed on the diagram.

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: 'Add all related elements' option? [message #1255290 is a reply to message #1255272] Mon, 24 February 2014 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, so the two safe ways are: select all nodes and drop them, then select all links and drop them - or, select all nodes and drop them, and restore related elements?
Re: 'Add all related elements' option? [message #1255314 is a reply to message #1255290] Mon, 24 February 2014 10:07 Go to previous message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Yes, exactly.

The second option (restore elements) should also restore the links which are not semantic UML elements (e.g. Comment link, Constraint link...), which may not be displayed by the first option (drop links).

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Previous Topic:Topcased model to Papyrus
Next Topic:port icons in 0.10.2...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:55:26 GMT 2024