Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Help with AUT in Eclipse IDE (no .exe file)
Help with AUT in Eclipse IDE (no .exe file) [message #1250552] Wed, 19 February 2014 10:49 Go to next message
Chris Champion is currently offline Chris ChampionFriend
Hello,

I'm new to Jubula (and Eclipse) and am trying to test an application that's started as an Eclipse run/debug configuration.

Before I was successfully able to start the application in Jubula standalone using the program's local .exe file. Now I need to start the same AUT but without an .exe file as it must be started through the Eclipse IDE.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

All best,
Chris
Re: Help with AUT in Eclipse IDE (no .exe file) [message #1251652 is a reply to message #1250552] Thu, 20 February 2014 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ajantha Yogamoorthy is currently offline Ajantha YogamoorthyFriend
Hello Chris,

you need the PDF-documentation "User Manual". I think you will find the information in chapter 3.7 "Starting and configuring AUT´s".

Hope that helps,
Ajantha
Re: Help with AUT in Eclipse IDE (no .exe file) [message #1251671 is a reply to message #1251652] Thu, 20 February 2014 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elise Ruelle is currently offline Elise RuelleFriend
Hello Chris,

I think you will find some help in the section 3.34 "Launch configuration" of the user manual. This section explain how to launch the AUT from Eclipse.

Hope that helps you

Elise Ruelle

ALL4TEC
Re: Help with AUT in Eclipse IDE (no .exe file) [message #1251690 is a reply to message #1251671] Thu, 20 February 2014 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your responses!

I have read those sections and can successfully start the AUT from Eclipse after having installed Jubula Launch Support for Eclipse RCP.

The AUT still doesn't display under "Running AUTs" in Jubula standalone and I don't see a way to perform standard Jubula tasks such as object mapping within the Eclipse SDK (4.2).
Re: Help with AUT in Eclipse IDE (no .exe file) [message #1251800 is a reply to message #1251690] Thu, 20 February 2014 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In the configuration of your AUT in Eclipse, have you added the plugin for org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp in the plugin tab? Also, have you defined this plugin in auto-start in the same section ?

Hope that helps.

Elise Ruelle

ALL4TEC
Re: Help with AUT in Eclipse IDE (no .exe file) [message #1252766 is a reply to message #1251800] Fri, 21 February 2014 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Elise,

Thanks for your help! I have "Jubula Functional Testing" and "Jubula Launch Support for Eclipe RCP" installed.

I also have the standalone Jubula testing software installed and noticed that the standalone version and the Eclipse plugin are incompatible with eachother: standalone with 7.2 modules and the plugin uses 7.1. It looks like I'm restricted to using the plugin since I don't have an executable file.

I can now start the AUT Agent (localhost:60000) and my AUT configuration in Eclipse. I see it under "Running AUTs" in the Functional Test Specification perspective and was also able to remedy a problem where I couldn't start Object Mapping Mode (or COULD start it but wasn't able to see the green frame).

The org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp (2.1.1.201309020759) plugin is active (Start Level 0 / Auto-Start "True").

The only problem now is that all of my unbound modules (concrete toolkit) aren't working! Shocked

They all say "Test data for the node is incomplete" in my Test Cases/Suites. I supplied my own parameters but the parameters are empty at the root of the test case objects where I can't edit them. When I was using 7.2, they all had standard values at the root (e.g. =TEXTPATH, =NUMBEROFCLICKS).

Any insight will be appreciated! I hope this is the last hangup before I can start writing some tests! Smile

Thanks,
Chris

[Updated on: Fri, 21 February 2014 15:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help with AUT in Eclipse IDE (no .exe file) [message #1254422 is a reply to message #1250552] Sun, 23 February 2014 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Glad to hear that (almost) all works fine.

I don't really use the 7.2 version of Jubula (just to check the differences).

But when I migrated a project it I had the same problem with my test cases. All my own test cases had the error "Test data for the node is incomplete". I don't understand why I had this problem but I solved it by creating a new version of my project.

I hope this will help you

Elise Ruelle

ALL4TEC
Re: Help with AUT in Eclipse IDE (no .exe file) [message #1255560 is a reply to message #1254422] Mon, 24 February 2014 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi guys,

I'm wondering about the message you mentioned about test data being missing / problems with the migration. I know that the current version of the standalone and the released Kepler version aren't compatible, but there is an update site on the portal if you want to update (make sure you follow the migration instructions for the update too).

Can you say in more detail what the problem was with test data?

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Help with AUT in Eclipse IDE (no .exe file) [message #1257281 is a reply to message #1255560] Wed, 26 February 2014 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Since I had only created some sample tests (cheat sheets, etc.), I decided to uninstall the standalone and plugins and to delete my database. Now I've started fresh with the Kepler update and was able to run a test on my IDE application! Smile

However, I'm still having an issue with missing test data/parameters at a locked level:
I can only run tests from within the included unbound_modules_concrete project.
When I create my own project and try to use the ub_modules[7.2], the parameters are all missing.

Any ideas why this could be happening? I've attached some screenshots of what this looks like.

Thanks again (everyone) for all the help!

Best,
Chris
Re: Help with AUT in Eclipse IDE (no .exe file) [message #1257301 is a reply to message #1257281] Wed, 26 February 2014 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I believe I just figured it out!

Alex, I found your reply to this post and decided to check out my AUTs language settings.
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/482809/

"English" (without a country destination) was selected in my AUTs/Project languages. After removing that, adding "English (United States)", and restarting Eclipse my modules just became a lot more useful! Very Happy

Very excited to learn more about Jubula and its capabilities. Thanks for helping me along the way.

Best,
Chris
Re: Help with AUT in Eclipse IDE (no .exe file) [message #1257322 is a reply to message #1257301] Wed, 26 February 2014 09:45 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Chris, thanks so much for posting your solution!
Previous Topic:Jubula with Eclipse BPEL editor in GEF
Next Topic:Store title of tab
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:23:40 GMT 2024