Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » RSE Daemon not working(SSH Connection is working but could'nt connect to RSE DStore server)
RSE Daemon not working [message #1245895] Fri, 14 February 2014 12:20 Go to next message
Riyaz Parve is currently offline Riyaz ParveFriend
I've tried so many times with different settings(launcher properties, ports, plugins) did a lot of google on this but no luck I am not able connect to RSE DStore server manually or through daemon.
I can successfully connect using a SSH Connection. But when I use RSE Daemon or server directly it just can't connect and keeps on giving error I have been trying to connect to it since a week but no luck.
I've tried Daemon, REXEC, Running Launch properties but still no luck.
I start the Daemon from root account with command perl ./daemon.pl 4075.
I have echoed out the command that is being executed in daemon.pl

perl ./daemon.pl 4075
java -DA_PLUGIN_PATH=/u19/cltyapps/riyaz/opt/rseserver/ -DDSTORE_TRACING_ON=true org.eclipse.dstore.core.server.ServerLauncher 4075
Daemon running on: CLTDAP002, port: 4075

After this nothing happens.
I have tried the same procedures first rseserver-3.4-unix.tar on then rseserver-unix-3.6-M4.tar

On eclipse now I try to connect to this Daemon on 4075
Daemon failed to launch server on <IP> using port 4075
Connection Refused.
Make sure that the DataStore daemon is running on <IP>.

I also got RSEG1242 error with some other launcher property

I am using Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
Version: Kepler Service Release 1
Build id: 20130919-0819
on windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3
Trying to connect to SunOS 5.10 Generic_141444-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-T6320

Please help me
Thanks and regards.
Re: RSE Daemon not working [message #1249737 is a reply to message #1245895] Tue, 18 February 2014 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David McKnight is currently offline David McKnightFriend
Is there a firewall that may be preventing this from working? Do you have java in your path and appropriate permissions?

In the case of the RSE daemon (running on 4075) in your case, the server that gets launched will be on a different port (i.e. not 4075). One thing you may want to try to help diagnose this is to run the server manually (i.e. ./server.pl <port>) and use the "Connect to running server" option in the Server Launcher Settings. Make sure that when running the server manually, you set the port to be the server port in the SubSystem property page before connecting.

Riyaz Parve wrote on Fri, 14 February 2014 07:20
I've tried so many times with different settings(launcher properties, ports, plugins) did a lot of google on this but no luck I am not able connect to RSE DStore server manually or through daemon.
I can successfully connect using a SSH Connection. But when I use RSE Daemon or server directly it just can't connect and keeps on giving error I have been trying to connect to it since a week but no luck.
I've tried Daemon, REXEC, Running Launch properties but still no luck.
I start the Daemon from root account with command perl ./daemon.pl 4075.
I have echoed out the command that is being executed in daemon.pl

perl ./daemon.pl 4075
java -DA_PLUGIN_PATH=/u19/cltyapps/riyaz/opt/rseserver/ -DDSTORE_TRACING_ON=true org.eclipse.dstore.core.server.ServerLauncher 4075
Daemon running on: CLTDAP002, port: 4075

After this nothing happens.
I have tried the same procedures first rseserver-3.4-unix.tar on then rseserver-unix-3.6-M4.tar

On eclipse now I try to connect to this Daemon on 4075
Daemon failed to launch server on <IP> using port 4075
Connection Refused.
Make sure that the DataStore daemon is running on <IP>.

I also got RSEG1242 error with some other launcher property

I am using Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
Version: Kepler Service Release 1
Build id: 20130919-0819
on windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3
Trying to connect to SunOS 5.10 Generic_141444-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-T6320

Please help me
Thanks and regards.

Re: RSE Daemon not working [message #1252505 is a reply to message #1249737] Fri, 21 February 2014 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry for late reply..

Yes firewall is running. I did some research before posting my question here and found firewall might be a problem so I requested admin to open that port for communication and port 4075 was successfully opened. But still its giving me the same error.
Here is the steps I did to manually connect to the server

[riyaz@TEST123 rseserver]$ ./server.sh 4075
DStore Server Starting...
Server Started Successfully
Server running on: TEST123
Connection error
Server: error initializing socket: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Accept timed out

I saw how to use ssh in help and I tried it from cmd
C:\>ssh -l riyaz <IP> -L27127:<IP>:27127 "sh -c 'cd /u19/cltyapps/riyaz/opt/rseserver; pwd; ./server.sh 4075 &'"
Password:
/u19/cltyapps/riyaz/opt/rseserver

same thing done in REXEC doesn't work

Below are some screen shots that might help
index.php/fa/17529/0/
index.php/fa/17535/0/
index.php/fa/17536/0/
index.php/fa/17537/0/

NOTE: FILES, SHELL AND TERMINAL GETS CONNECTED USING SSH SO I DON'T THERE THINK SO THERE IS A PROBLEM IN CONNECTIVITY.

[Updated on: Fri, 21 February 2014 10:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RSE Daemon not working [message #1256732 is a reply to message #1252505] Tue, 25 February 2014 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Riyaz,

The SocketTimeoutException is occurring because the server was not connected to within a period of time (I think the default is a minute for a manually run server). That is expected if a connection isn't established within that period. For your test, did you attempt to connect to the server before the timeout message showed up?

Note that the daemon runs on port 4075 by default but servers that get launched run on different ports. By allowing only port 4075 through a firewall will still leave the server ports blocked. If you're trying to run a server on this same port at the same time, you should run into a bind problem on startup. That said, I don't see any message indicating a bind failure with your manually run server test so I assume you're not running both at the same time in this instance. Could you request that a second port (in addition to 4075) be opened? If you do that, then you can specify the second port as the subsystem port.

Riyaz Parve wrote on Fri, 21 February 2014 04:34
Sorry for late reply..

Yes firewall is running. I did some research before posting my question here and found firewall might be a problem so I requested admin to open that port for communication and port 4075 was successfully opened. But still its giving me the same error.
Here is the steps I did to manually connect to the server

[riyaz@TEST123 rseserver]$ ./server.sh 4075
Connection error
Server: error initializing socket: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Accept timed out

I saw how to use ssh in help and I tried it from cmd
C:\>ssh -l riyaz <IP> -L27127:<IP>:27127 "sh -c 'cd /u19/cltyapps/riyaz/opt/rseserver; pwd; ./server.sh 4075 &'"
Password:
/u19/cltyapps/riyaz/opt/rseserver

Re: RSE Daemon not working [message #1258632 is a reply to message #1256732] Thu, 27 February 2014 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi David McKnight,

Thanks for the reply..

Quote:
The SocketTimeoutException is occurring because the server was not connected to within a period of time (I think the default is a minute for a manually run server). That is expected if a connection isn't established within that period. For your test, did you attempt to connect to the server before the timeout message showed up?

Yes I started the server and tried to connect to it from eclipse after 5 to 10 seconds eclipse says Connection Refused.
I even tried increasing the timeout value to 10 mins just added a zero to the timeout value. But still eclipse says Connection Refused.

Quote:
Note that the daemon runs on port 4075 by default but servers that get launched run on different ports. By allowing only port 4075 through a firewall will still leave the server ports blocked. If you're trying to run a server on this same port at the same time, you should run into a bind problem on startup. That said, I don't see any message indicating a bind failure with your manually run server test so I assume you're not running both at the same time in this instance. Could you request that a second port (in addition to 4075) be opened? If you do that, then you can specify the second port as the subsystem port.

Yes I know if daemon is running on 4075 so the server will run on some other port I understood this when port was already opened.

Now that 4075 port is open I want to try manual server connection on this port before opening other ports.

I did netstat to see if 4075 is being used by server and it says 4075 is in LISTEN mode before the server timeouts.

I found this from the help docs
If your daemon runs behind a firewall, you may want to specify the optional serverPortRange argument to restrict selected server ports to the range given:
perl ./daemon.pl 4075 10000-10010

Server requires more than one port for connection? Do I need to open each and every port from 10000 to 10010?

index.php/fa/17600/0/
index.php/fa/17601/0/
index.php/fa/17602/0/

[Updated on: Fri, 28 February 2014 07:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RSE Daemon not working [message #1259724 is a reply to message #1258632] Fri, 28 February 2014 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Riyaz,

Is it possible the client firewall is getting in the way too? It's strange that you can't even connect to the manually run server on 4075. The console output suggests that no socket connect got through to the server. Could you see what happens when you specify the IP address for the hostname in the connection properties?

Riyaz Parve wrote on Thu, 27 February 2014 10:34
Hi David McKnight,

I found this from the help docs
If your daemon runs behind a firewall, you may want to specify the optional serverPortRange argument to restrict selected server ports to the range given:
perl ./daemon.pl 4075 10000-10010

Server requires more than one port for connection? Do I need to open each and every port from 10000 to 10010?

You can specify any port range for the servers. For example, you could do this:
perl ./daemon.pl 4075 10000-10001

There's no requirement that you have 10 ports reserved for servers. By using the port range argument, any server that gets launched via the daemon will be within that range. I'd suggest opening one or two ports on the firewall for the server.

Re: RSE Daemon not working [message #1262134 is a reply to message #1259724] Mon, 03 March 2014 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
Is it possible the client firewall is getting in the way too?

I don't think so firewall is an issue as I can run TCP Socket programs in Java / C / C++ and I am able to run them successfully on any port never had any issue.

So I created server program to run on 4075 port of unix and client to run on my windows box but it didn't worked. So I tired port 10000 and it worked.

Then I started the eclipse server on 10000 and used my client program to connect from windows to the eclipse server on unix, it worked the server returned some data.

So now I can manually start the server and connect to it from eclipse, so now I tried connecting it using daemon.
I deleted the old remote connection from eclipse and created a new one using daemon on 10000

From root
perl ./daemon.pl 10000 10001-10010
java -DA_PLUGIN_PATH=/u19/cltyapps/riyaz/opt/rseserver/ -DDSTORE_TRACING_ON=true org.eclipse.dstore.core.server.ServerLauncher 10000 10001-10010
Daemon running on: <SERVER>, port: 10000

Now on eclipse it gave me Error:
RSEG1243
Failed to connect to the daemon on 97.253.46.89 using port 10000 with an unexpected exception

java.lang.Exception: no status returned
java.lang.Exception: no status returned
at org.eclipse.dstore.core.client.ClientConnection.launchServer(ClientConnection.java:736)
at org.eclipse.rse.connectorservice.dstore.DStoreConnectorService.launchServer(DStoreConnectorService.java:1472)
at org.eclipse.rse.connectorservice.dstore.DStoreConnectorService.connectWithDaemon(DStoreConnectorService.java:674)
at org.eclipse.rse.connectorservice.dstore.DStoreConnectorService.internalConnect(DStoreConnectorService.java:1351)
at org.eclipse.rse.core.subsystems.AbstractConnectorService$1.run(AbstractConnectorService.java:500)
at org.eclipse.rse.core.subsystems.AbstractConnectorService$SafeRunner.run(AbstractConnectorService.java:444)
at org.eclipse.rse.core.subsystems.AbstractConnectorService.connect(AbstractConnectorService.java:506)
at org.eclipse.rse.core.subsystems.SubSystem.connect(SubSystem.java:2545)
at org.eclipse.rse.internal.ui.actions.SystemConnectAllSubSystemsAction$ConnectAllJob.run(SystemConnectAllSubSystemsAction.java:75)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53)

Session Data:
eclipse.buildId=4.3.0.M20130911-1000
java.version=1.7.0_51
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.cpp.product
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.cpp.product

What is worng now? Also when I manually connected to the dstore server I couldn't see any process, files were visible but my proccesses and all processes said empty list.

I am assuming the problem is version miss match?
I'm using rseserver-unix-3.6-M4.tar on unix and RSE DStore Services Version: 3.4.100.201309112143 on eclipse

Thanks Smile
Re: RSE Daemon not working [message #1262191 is a reply to message #1262134] Mon, 03 March 2014 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I downloaded and installed TM-repo-3.4.zip on eclipse and now I'm using rseserver-3.4-unix.tar to run the server.. But I couldn't find Remtoe C/C++ Project in File --> New --> Others
Re: RSE Daemon not working [message #1262365 is a reply to message #1262134] Mon, 03 March 2014 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm glad that you can now connect to the server running manually. Regarding connecting via the daemon and not having a status returned, there are a few possibilities I can think of. Possibilities include:
1) Your user id not having read/execute access to the auth.pl script in the server directory.
2) Your user id not having Java in your path.
3) The default socket io timeout value may be too small (if this is a slow connection). That can be configured under Preferences->Remote Systems->DataStore.

Do you see any messages in the console where you started the daemon?

Regarding the processes, you should probably make sure to update the client to 3.6 level.

Regarding the Remote C/C++ Project stuff, I believe this is a separate feature built on top of CDT and TM so that needs to be installed separately.
Re: RSE Daemon not working [message #1274459 is a reply to message #1262365] Fri, 21 March 2014 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you david..
Sorry for the late reply I have been busy..

Quote:
1) Your user id not having read/execute access to the auth.pl script in the server directory.

I use root to run the daemon and I use my user in eclipse to connect to the daemon, so only user with root permission can use daemon ?

Quote:
2) Your user id not having Java in your path.

Both root and my user id have java in path and can run java as soon as logged in.

Quote:
3) The default socket io timeout value may be too small (if this is a slow connection). That can be configured under Preferences->Remote Systems->DataStore.

I have tried that also...
Re: RSE Daemon not working [message #1274563 is a reply to message #1274459] Fri, 21 March 2014 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Riyaz Parve wrote on Fri, 21 March 2014 09:53

Quote:

I use root to run the daemon and I use my user in eclipse to connect to the daemon, so only user with root permission can use daemon ?

Only root can run the daemon since the auth.pl script that authenticates the user will only work with root permissions.

Re: RSE Daemon not working [message #1714053 is a reply to message #1245895] Mon, 09 November 2015 15:18 Go to previous message
Michael Peoples is currently offline Michael PeoplesFriend
For me, the problem was permissions on the parent directory where the RSE server utility was installed. In other words, as suggested above, the fact that the user that was logging in did not have read/execute permissions to auth.pl prevented it from logging in and executing the necessary utilities.

Previous Topic:No console message during remote debugging
Next Topic:Missing Update Files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:04:23 GMT 2024