Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Scrolling - possible bug?
Scrolling - possible bug? [message #1244544] Wed, 12 February 2014 13:47 Go to next message
Noga Rotman is currently offline Noga RotmanFriend
Hi Dirk,

I've noticed an issue I'm not sure whether to open a bug on or not (I saw something that looks similar on the bug list but not quite like that):

When scrolling the NatTable, if a selection is made, after a number of rows (around 200 or so, it differs), the NatTable "jumps back" a few dozens rows. This is done with scrolling up or down.

Should I open a new bug?

Thanks!
Noga
Re: Scrolling - possible bug? [message #1244547 is a reply to message #1244544] Wed, 12 February 2014 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
I don't understand how your use case should be reproduced. What do you mean with scrolling up or down. How do you scroll? By arrow keys, page up/down, the slider, ...?

I can not reproduce the issue as you describe in the examples. So maybe it is already fixed in the development state.
Re: Scrolling - possible bug? [message #1244555 is a reply to message #1244547] Wed, 12 February 2014 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noga Rotman is currently offline Noga RotmanFriend
Sorry for the lack of details - scrolling using the mouse wheel; scrolling down with page up/down, arrows and the slider bar is fine.

I guess I'll wait for the new release to check if it was fixed, I did see a ticket for improving the scrolling.

Thanks again,
Noga
Re: Scrolling - possible bug? [message #1244574 is a reply to message #1244555] Wed, 12 February 2014 14:45 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
I tested scrolling with the mouse wheel, and for me it looks like it is working fine.

Quote:
I'll wait for the new release to check if it was fixed

That is never a good option! What should happen if it is not fixed with the new release? A release that contains the fix might come in months. So it suggest to test it now with the latest development snapshot to be sure it is fixed. And if not, it can be fixed for the coming release. Since we have update sites, switching to a development snapshot is really easy and should cost little time!
Previous Topic:Data Layer and Row with Different Height
Next Topic:Hold selected rows for context menu operations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:13:19 GMT 2024