Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Birt on windows mobile
Birt on windows mobile [message #1243809] Tue, 11 February 2014 13:21 Go to next message
Ewgenij Sokolovski is currently offline Ewgenij SokolovskiFriend
Hello, community. I'm quite new to Birt, and I have a question about portability. What about Birt on mobile devices running Windows? Does it work properly? I searched on the web and found a solution of actuate

www.actuate.com/download/brochures-datasheets/mobile-solution-productsummary.pdf

as well as this one

www.tradui.de/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4817778

Does anybody have experience with these apps or are there any others?

BR
Ewgenij
Re: Birt on windows mobile [message #1243975 is a reply to message #1243809] Tue, 11 February 2014 18:28 Go to previous message
Peter Kacandes is currently offline Peter KacandesFriend
Ewgenij Sokolovski wrote on Tue, 11 February 2014 08:21
Hello, community. I'm quite new to Birt, and I have a question about portability. What about Birt on mobile devices running Windows? Does it work properly? I searched on the web and found a solution of actuate

www.actuate.com/download/brochures-datasheets/mobile-solution-productsummary.pdf

as well as this one

www.tradui.de/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4817778

Does anybody have experience with these apps or are there any others?

BR
Ewgenij

I'm not particularly familiar with those tools, so if you want to explore them further, you should probably get in touch with those vendors directly.

That being said, there are a number of ways that you can build custom mobile apps to view BIRT content on windows mobile phones. If you are building a native windows phone app in C#, then you need to create a webview screen. Within the webview you can log onto BIRT iHub servers and display BIRT reports/designs from the server in the context of the web view. You do this using the JSAPI which provides all of the function calls that you would need to get and view BIRT content from the iHub onto the mobile. Alternatively, you can write a webapp (also using JSAPI) and have the user view the BIRT content from the browser on the windows phone.
There's extensive documentation on JSAPI available and building web and mobile apps using javascript based apis. You might want to consider one of the many cross platform native/hybrid solutions for building a custom mobile apps for windows phone mobile.

cheers,
pk
Previous Topic:BIRT Dataset Usage
Next Topic:Updating between 3.7.1 to 4.3.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 04:54:39 GMT 2024