Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » change/delete conflict resolution
change/delete conflict resolution [message #1243760] Tue, 11 February 2014 11:55 Go to next message
Vlad Gheorghe is currently offline Vlad GheorgheFriend
Hello,

At a merge I have a conflict on a file where the file was changed on the local branch and deleted on the remote branch.

The workspace version contains the contents from the local branch.

I would like to accept the incoming deletion, but I could not find out how.
- If I delete the file from the workspace, the file cannot be staged (add to index has no effect).
- There is no "delete" context action in the stagig view for the respective file.

As a work-around, I commit the file with empty contents (or with a single line : <<TO DELETE>> ), commit the merge, and then do another normal commit where I actually delete it.

This sounds like some features are missing, or are really hard to find.

Any suggestions, please ?

Regards
Vlad Gheorghe

icon5.gif  Re: change/delete conflict resolution [message #1756263 is a reply to message #1243760] Tue, 14 March 2017 16:03 Go to previous message
Davide Vecchi is currently offline Davide VecchiFriend
I am in the same situation including not being able to find a command in EGit to accept the incoming deletion. It's too bad that this question got no answers in 3 years.

I'm using Neon.2 with EGit 4.6.1.201703071140-r .

In the staging view I can right-click the file and although the file was deleted from "Theirs" I still have the "Replace With - Theirs", so I thought that's what I was looking for, selecting that option will also delete the file from "Mine", that is accept the incoming deletion. But when I click it, it's just as I hadn't clicked it, nothing at all visibly happens.

I cannot find anything else that seems to do this, so I'm still stuck with workarounds.
Previous Topic:EGit - Disable Commit button
Next Topic:Share project programatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:52:15 GMT 2024