Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » RCP to RAP : No context available outside of the request processing
icon9.gif  RCP to RAP : No context available outside of the request processing [message #1243718] Tue, 11 February 2014 10:52 Go to next message
Clément Chausson is currently offline Clément ChaussonFriend
Hi,

I tried to convert a big RCP application to RAP but I have some troubles

I have not errors anymore but when I launch my RAP configuration I got this error :

Quote:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: No context available outside of the request processing.
at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.service.ContextProvider.getContext(ContextProvider.java:95)
at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.service.ContextProvider.getUISession(ContextProvider.java:183)
at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.SingletonUtil.getSessionInstance(SingletonUtil.java:54)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.getInstance(Workbench.java:652)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.getWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:94)
at thales.themis.em.gene.plugins.main.MainActivator.<init>(MainActivator.java:56)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:525)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:374)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:327)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:167)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:679)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:390)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1176)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:559)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:544)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:457)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:243)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:438)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:1)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

The code which cause the trouble is the following :
public MainActivator() {

// Initialize the GENE-EM view and editor manager.
		GeneEMViewAndEditorManager
		.initializeInstanceForPerspective(PerspectiveFactory.PERSPECTIVE_ID);
		// Subscribe to perspective notifier for open and close event
		GeneEMPerspectiveNotifier.subscribe(this);

// Add a listener to workbench events (closing workbench)	
		try {
			[color=red]PlatformUI.getWorkbench()[/color].addWorkbenchListener(
					GeneEMViewAndEditorManager.getInstance());
		} catch (final GeneralApplicationException gae) {
			// Log error
			ExceptionDisplayer.getInstance().logGeneEMException(gae,
					MsgLevel.WARN);
		}

}

I have already read many forums (included here) and the RAP FAQ about "IllegalStateException: No context available outside of the request service lifecycle " and I have already test it with no success but I don't know if it is the same problem.

If someone could tell me if i don't see the solution or if i'm wrong when i thinking that the FAQ section about IllegalStateException can solved my problem.

I would be very grateful for any help you could might be able to give me on my problem.

[Updated on: Tue, 11 February 2014 10:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RCP to RAP : No context available outside of the request processing [message #1243750 is a reply to message #1243718] Tue, 11 February 2014 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yury Mising name is currently offline Yury Mising nameFriend
Hello,

there is no workbench created while bundle activator is called. Workbench is created with user session. The thrown exception means that you try to access session context class outside UIThread (or wrapped with proper context https://wiki.eclipse.org/RAP/FAQ#IllegalStateException:_No_context_available_outside_of_the_request_service_lifecycle). Try to attach you listener somewhere like org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.postStartup().

[Updated on: Tue, 11 February 2014 11:43]

Re: RCP to RAP : No context available outside of the request processing [message #1243839 is a reply to message #1243750] Tue, 11 February 2014 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Yuri,

First thanks for your answer.

I know that no workbench is created when i call this activator but i don't know why (i have not made the RCP plugin that i try to migrate to RAP).

I already understand org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.postStartup() means but i don't find it (or something similar). Can you help me ?

Finally, i think there is a problem with the chain of the code because my Activator() et MainActivator() are called before the createUI() of my Entrypoint, is it normal ?

Thanks
Re: RCP to RAP : No context available outside of the request processing [message #1244234 is a reply to message #1243839] Wed, 12 February 2014 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Clement,

>Finally, i think there is a problem with the chain of the code because my Activator() et MainActivator() are called before the createUI() of my Entrypoint, is it normal ?

It is not a problem. The activator can be called before createUI. Activator is called when the bundle is starting that does not mean that a user launch the application by entering in EntryPoint.

>I already understand org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.postStartup() means but i don't find it (or something similar). Can you help me ?

How you create your Workbench? The sample code are below:
org.eclipse.rap.rwt.application.EntryPoint.createUI()
{
Display display = PlatformUI.createDisplay();
return PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(display, new MyWorkbenchAdvisor(display));
}

MyWorkbenchAdvisor extends org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor where you can setup your listener in postStartup() method.
Re: RCP to RAP : No context available outside of the request processing [message #1244363 is a reply to message #1244234] Wed, 12 February 2014 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hello Yuri,

My EntryPoint code is the following :

package thales.themis.em.cpiomcf.product;

import org.eclipse.rap.rwt.application.EntryPoint;
import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display;
import org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI;

public class CpiomcfEmRAP implements EntryPoint {

public int createUI() {System.err.println(this.getClass().getName());
		Display display = PlatformUI.createDisplay();
		return PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(display,
				new ApplicationWorkbenchAdvisor());

}
}

As you suggest i add a postStartup() method in my ApplicationWorkbenchAdvisor :
public class ApplicationWorkbenchAdvisor extends WorkbenchAdvisor {

@Override
	public WorkbenchWindowAdvisor createWorkbenchWindowAdvisor(
			final IWorkbenchWindowConfigurer configurer) {
		return new CpiomcfEmApplicationWorkbenchWindowAdvisor(configurer);
	}

@Override
	public String getInitialWindowPerspectiveId() {
		return "GENE-EM_PERSPECTIVE_ID";
	}

public void postStartup() {
		// Add a listener to workbench events (closing workbench)	
		try {
			PlatformUI.getWorkbench().addWorkbenchListener(
					GeneEMViewAndEditorManager.getInstance());
		} catch (final GeneralApplicationException gae) {
			// Log error
			ExceptionDisplayer.getInstance().logGeneEMException(gae,MsgLevel.WARN);
		}	
	}

}

Now, when i Launch my RAP application i just see in the console
Quote:
osgi> osgi> osgi> osgi>

But the application is not launched

Finally, when i writted something in the Console (next to osgi> osgi> osgi> osgi>) lots of errors appears, begin by :
Quote:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.debug.ui 4 0 2014-02-12 09:07:42.406
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.start() of bundle org.eclipse.debug.ui.
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:734)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:390)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1176)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:559)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:544)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:457)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:243)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:438)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:1)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Workbench has not been created yet.
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.getWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:92)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.contextlaunching.LaunchingResourceManager.startup(LaunchingResourceManager.java:546)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.getLaunchingResourceManager(DebugUIPlugin.java:357)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.start(DebugUIPlugin.java:569)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)
... 12 more
Root exception:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Workbench has not been created yet.
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.getWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:92)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.contextlaunching.LaunchingResourceManager.startup(LaunchingResourceManager.java:546)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.getLaunchingResourceManager(DebugUIPlugin.java:357)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.start(DebugUIPlugin.java:569)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)

I really don't know why my workbench isn't created...
Re: RCP to RAP : No context available outside of the request processing [message #1244451 is a reply to message #1244363] Wed, 12 February 2014 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seems to me the org.eclipse.debug.ui is a RCP plugin (I do not see it in the RAP) and it can not be started in RAP environment. Try to exclude the org.eclipse.debug.* plugins from your launch configuration and additionally check your Target Platform.

Also the org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.preShutdown() and org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.postShutdown() methods are another place to call your listener without attaching it to the workbench.

Best regards,
Yury.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 February 2014 11:14]

Re: RCP to RAP : No context available outside of the request processing [message #1244548 is a reply to message #1244451] Wed, 12 February 2014 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your help Yuri

I unchecked the appropriated bundles in the run configuration and theses errors disappeared.

Unfortunately, I have error now when i try to access to my application by browser :

Quote:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.swt.internal.theme.BootstrapTheme3x.<init>(org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display)
at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2730)
at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Class.java:1676)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2568)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$5(Workbench.java:2530)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:701)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:684)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:157)
at thales.themis.em.cpiomcf.product.CpiomcfEmRAP.createUI(CpiomcfEmRAP.java:12)
at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.lifecycle.RWTLifeCycle.createUI(RWTLifeCycle.java:186)
at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.lifecycle.RWTLifeCycle$UIThreadController.run(RWTLifeCycle.java:298)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.lifecycle.UIThread.run(UIThread.java:104)

and

Quote:
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in "org.eclipse.ui" was unable to instantiate class "org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.SaveAsHandler".
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.throwException(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:194)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:186)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:905)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.initializeDefaultServices(Workbench.java:1895)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.init(Workbench.java:1593)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:701)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:684)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:157)
at thales.themis.em.cpiomcf.product.CpiomcfEmRAP.createUI(CpiomcfEmRAP.java:12)
at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.lifecycle.RWTLifeCycle.createUI(RWTLifeCycle.java:186)
at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.lifecycle.RWTLifeCycle$UIThreadController.run(RWTLifeCycle.java:298)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.lifecycle.UIThread.run(UIThread.java:104)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.DirtyStateTracker.<init>(DirtyStateTracker.java:37)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.AbstractSaveHandler.<init>(AbstractSaveHandler.java:38)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.SaveAsHandler.<init>(SaveAsHandler.java:32)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:525)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:374)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:327)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:184)
... 38 more

and a lot of others which begin by

Quote:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Workbench has not been created yet.

or

Quote:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.eclipse.ui.internal.themes.LightColorFactory

I try to remove all bundle like eclipse.ui.* in the Run configuration but i don't know if i'm on the right way

It's really hard to find all the causes of theses errors...

Thanking you in advance for your help.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 February 2014 13:55]

Re: RCP to RAP : No context available outside of the request processing [message #1244919 is a reply to message #1244548] Thu, 13 February 2014 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Something wrong with your target platform or/and launch configuration.
Type ss in osgi console and post here the listed plugins.

Best regards,
Yury.
Re: RCP to RAP : No context available outside of the request processing [message #1245038 is a reply to message #1244919] Thu, 13 February 2014 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Yuri,

The result of ss command is :
Quote:
osgi> ss
"Framework is launched."

id State Bundle
0 ACTIVE org.eclipse.osgi_3.9.1.v20130814-1242
1 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator_1.0.300.v20110815-1744
2 ACTIVE CpiomcfEm_BusinessModel_1.0.0
3 RESOLVED CpiomcfEm_Common_1.0.0
Master=21
4 RESOLVED CpiomcfEm_GEM_1.0.0
Master=311
9 RESOLVED CpiomcfEm_PRM_1.0.0
Master=30
10 ACTIVE CpiomcfEm_Product_1.0.0
11 RESOLVED CpiomcfEm_SDM_1.0.0
Master=24
17 ACTIVE GENE_EM_BusinessMetaModel_4.0.0
18 ACTIVE GENE_EM_CMM_4.0.0
21 ACTIVE GENE_EM_Common_4.1.0
Fragments=3
24 ACTIVE GENE_EM_GDM_4.0.0
Fragments=11
26 ACTIVE GENE_EM_Help_3.1.0
30 ACTIVE GENE_EM_PRM_4.0.0
Fragments=9
32 ACTIVE ch.qos.logback.classic_1.0.0.v20111214-2030
33 ACTIVE ch.qos.logback.core_1.0.0.v20111214-2030
34 RESOLVED ch.qos.logback.slf4j_1.0.0.v20120123-1500
Master=271
35 ACTIVE com.google.guava_15.0.0
36 ACTIVE com.ibm.icu_4.4.2.v20110823
37 ACTIVE com.ibm.icu.base_50.1.1.v201304230130
38 ACTIVE javax.annotation_1.0.0.v20101115-0725
39 ACTIVE javax.inject_1.0.0.v20091030
40 ACTIVE javax.servlet_3.0.0.v201112011016
41 ACTIVE javax.xml_1.3.4.v201005080400
42 ACTIVE lpg.runtime.java_2.0.17.v201004271640
43 ACTIVE org.apache.ant_1.8.3.v20120321-1730
Fragments=226
44 ACTIVE org.apache.batik.css_1.6.0.v201011041432
45 ACTIVE org.apache.batik.util_1.6.0.v201011041432
46 ACTIVE org.apache.batik.util.gui_1.6.0.v201011041432
47 ACTIVE org.apache.commons.fileupload_1.3.0
48 ACTIVE org.apache.commons.io_2.4.0
55 ACTIVE org.apache.log4j_1.2.15.v201012070815
Fragments=258
56 ACTIVE org.apache.lucene_2.9.1.v201101211721
57 ACTIVE org.apache.lucene.analysis_2.9.1.v201101211721
58 ACTIVE org.apache.lucene.core_2.9.1.v201101211721
59 ACTIVE org.easymock_2.4.0.v20090202-0900
60 ACTIVE org.eclipse.ant.core_3.2.400.v20120523-1752
64 ACTIVE org.eclipse.compare.core_3.5.300.v20130514-1224
66 ACTIVE org.eclipse.core.commands_3.6.100.v20130515-1857
69 ACTIVE org.eclipse.core.databinding_1.4.1.v20130515-1857
73 ACTIVE org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable_1.4.1.v20130515-1857
75 ACTIVE org.eclipse.core.databinding.property_1.4.200.v20130515-1857
77 ACTIVE org.eclipse.core.externaltools_1.0.100.v20120521-2012
78 ACTIVE org.eclipse.core.filebuffers_3.5.200.v20120523-1310
79 ACTIVE org.eclipse.core.filesystem_1.3.200.v20120522-2012
Fragments=80
80 RESOLVED org.eclipse.core.filesystem.win32.x86_1.1.300.v20120522-1137
Master=79
82 ACTIVE org.eclipse.core.resources_3.8.0.v20120522-2034
Fragments=83
83 RESOLVED org.eclipse.core.resources.win32.x86_3.5.100.v20120522-1137
Master=82
84 ACTIVE org.eclipse.core.runtime_3.9.0.v20130326-1255
85 ACTIVE org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility_3.2.200.v20120521-2346
86 ACTIVE org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility.auth_3.2.300.v20120523-2004
87 RESOLVED org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility.registry_3.5.100.v20120521-2346
Master=281
88 ACTIVE org.eclipse.core.variables_3.2.600.v20120521-2012
89 ACTIVE org.eclipse.debug.core_3.7.100.v20120521-2012
91 ACTIVE org.eclipse.e4.core.commands_0.10.1.v20120523-1955
92 ACTIVE org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts_1.1.0.v20120523-2004
93 ACTIVE org.eclipse.e4.core.di_1.1.0.v20120521-2346
94 ACTIVE org.eclipse.e4.core.di.extensions_0.11.0.v20120523-2004
95 ACTIVE org.eclipse.e4.core.services_1.0.0.v20120521-2346
96 ACTIVE org.eclipse.e4.ui.bindings_0.10.1.v20120523-1955
97 ACTIVE org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.core_0.10.1.v20120523-1955
98 ACTIVE org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.swt_0.10.1.v20120523-1955
99 ACTIVE org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.swt.theme_0.9.2.v20120523-1955
100 ACTIVE org.eclipse.e4.ui.di_0.10.1.v20120523-1955
101 ACTIVE org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.workbench_0.10.1.v20120523-1955
102 ACTIVE org.eclipse.e4.ui.services_0.10.1.v20120523-1955
103 ACTIVE org.eclipse.e4.ui.widgets_0.12.0.v20120523-1955
104 ACTIVE org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench_0.10.2.v20120531-1742
105 ACTIVE org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt_0.10.1.v20120523-1955
106 ACTIVE org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.swt_0.10.1.v20120525-2014
107 ACTIVE org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench3_0.12.0.v20120521-2329
108 ACTIVE org.eclipse.emf_2.6.0.v20120608-0554
109 ACTIVE org.eclipse.emf.common_2.9.0.v20130528-0742
110 ACTIVE org.eclipse.emf.ecore_2.9.0.v20130528-0742
111 ACTIVE org.eclipse.emf.ecore.change_2.8.0.v20120606-0717
112 ACTIVE org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi_2.8.0.v20120606-0717
113 ACTIVE org.eclipse.emf.edit_2.8.0.v20120608-0554
114 ACTIVE org.eclipse.emf.ocl_1.4.300.201007052143
115 ACTIVE org.eclipse.emf.query_1.2.100.v200903190031
117 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.bidi_0.10.0.v20130327-1442
122 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.ds_1.4.101.v20130813-1853
124 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.event_1.3.0.v20130327-1442
125 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.frameworkadmin_2.0.100.v20120606-175127
126 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.frameworkadmin.equinox_1.0.400.v20120428-0117
128 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty_3.0.100.v20130327-1442
130 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet_1.1.400.v20130418-1354
133 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20120522-1813
Fragments=134
134 RESOLVED org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.1.200.v20120522-1813
Master=133
135 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository_1.1.200.v20120430-1959
136 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core_2.2.0.v20120430-0525
137 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director_2.2.0.v20120524-0542
138 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director.app_1.0.300.v20120428-0517
139 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine_2.2.0.v20120501-1502
140 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.p2.garbagecollector_1.0.200.v20110808-1657
141 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.p2.jarprocessor_1.0.200.v20110808-1657
142 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata_2.1.0.v20120430-2001
143 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository_1.2.100.v20120524-1717
144 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations_2.2.0.v20120524-0542
145 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher_1.2.0.v20120428-0117
146 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.eclipse_1.1.0.v20120511-1931
147 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository_2.2.0.v20120524-1945
148 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository.tools_2.0.100.v20120501-1314
149 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse_2.1.100.v20120428-0117
151 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.p2.updatesite_1.0.400.v20120412-1615
152 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.preferences_3.5.100.v20130422-1538
154 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.security_1.1.100.v20120522-1841
Fragments=156
156 RESOLVED org.eclipse.equinox.security.win32.x86_1.0.300.v20120522-2049
Master=154
158 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator.manipulator_2.0.0.v20110808-1657
160 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.util_1.0.500.v20130404-1337
162 ACTIVE org.eclipse.help.base_3.6.100.v201206081400
164 RESOLVED org.eclipse.jdt.compiler.apt_1.0.500.v20120522-1651
Master=166
165 RESOLVED org.eclipse.jdt.compiler.tool_1.0.101.v20120522-1651
Master=166
166 ACTIVE org.eclipse.jdt.core_3.8.1.v20120531-0637
Fragments=164, 165
167 ACTIVE org.eclipse.jdt.core.manipulation_1.5.0.v20120523-1543
175 ACTIVE org.eclipse.jetty.continuation_8.1.10.v20130312
177 ACTIVE org.eclipse.jetty.http_8.1.10.v20130312
180 ACTIVE org.eclipse.jetty.io_8.1.10.v20130312
182 ACTIVE org.eclipse.jetty.security_8.1.10.v20130312
184 ACTIVE org.eclipse.jetty.server_8.1.10.v20130312
185 ACTIVE org.eclipse.jetty.servlet_8.1.10.v20130312
187 ACTIVE org.eclipse.jetty.util_8.1.10.v20130312
189 ACTIVE org.eclipse.jface_3.9.0.v20130521-1714
190 ACTIVE org.eclipse.jface.databinding_1.6.0.v20120521-2329
191 ACTIVE org.eclipse.jface.text_3.8.100.v20130515-1957
192 ACTIVE org.eclipse.ltk.core.refactoring_3.6.0.v20120523-1543
194 ACTIVE org.eclipse.ocl_3.2.0.v20120611-1210
195 ACTIVE org.eclipse.ocl.common_1.0.0.v20120516-1543
196 ACTIVE org.eclipse.ocl.ecore_3.2.0.v20130125-1817
197 ACTIVE org.eclipse.osgi.services_3.3.100.v20130513-1956
199 ACTIVE org.eclipse.pde.build_3.8.0.v20120523-1555
209 ACTIVE org.eclipse.rap.jface_2.2.0.20131017-1149
210 ACTIVE org.eclipse.rap.jface.databinding_2.2.0.20130702-1310
213 ACTIVE org.eclipse.rap.rwt_2.2.0.20131204-0942
214 ACTIVE org.eclipse.rap.rwt.osgi_2.2.0.20131126-1551
215 ACTIVE org.eclipse.rap.rwt.supplemental.filedialog_2.0.0.20130302-1418
216 ACTIVE org.eclipse.rap.rwt.supplemental.fileupload_2.0.0.20130226-1002
218 ACTIVE org.eclipse.rap.ui_2.2.0.20130702-1310
220 ACTIVE org.eclipse.rap.ui.forms_2.2.0.20130930-1222
222 ACTIVE org.eclipse.rap.ui.workbench_2.2.0.20131121-1623
224 ACTIVE org.eclipse.swt_3.102.0.v20130605-1539
Fragments=225
225 RESOLVED org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86_3.100.0.v4233d
Master=224
226 RESOLVED org.eclipse.swtbot.ant.optional.junit4_2.0.5.20120718_0854-997a76f-dev-e37
Master=43
227 ACTIVE org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.core_2.0.5.20120718_0854-997a76f-dev-e37
228 ACTIVE org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.finder_2.0.5.20120718_0854-997a76f-dev-e37
230 ACTIVE org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.spy_2.0.5.20120718_0854-997a76f-dev-e37
232 ACTIVE org.eclipse.swtbot.forms.finder_2.0.5.20120718_0854-997a76f-dev-e37
234 ACTIVE org.eclipse.swtbot.junit4_x_2.0.5.20120718_0854-997a76f-dev-e37
235 ACTIVE org.eclipse.swtbot.swt.finder_2.0.5.20120718_0854-997a76f-dev-e37
236 ACTIVE org.eclipse.team.core_3.6.100.v20120524-0627
238 ACTIVE org.eclipse.text_3.5.300.v20130515-1451
254 ACTIVE org.eclipse.ui.workbench_3.103.0.v20120530-1824
256 ACTIVE org.eclipse.uml2.common_1.7.0.v20120604-0919
257 ACTIVE org.eclipse.update.configurator_3.3.200.v20120523-1752
258 RESOLVED org.eclipse.xtext.logging_1.2.15.v201208210947
Master=55
259 ACTIVE org.hamcrest_1.1.0.v20090501071000
260 ACTIVE org.hamcrest.core_1.3.0.v201303031735
262 ACTIVE org.hamcrest.integration_1.1.0.v20090501071000
263 ACTIVE org.hamcrest.library_1.1.0.v20090501071000
264 ACTIVE org.hamcrest.text_1.1.0.v20090501071000
267 ACTIVE org.junit_4.11.0.v201303080030
268 ACTIVE org.junit4_4.8.1.v20120523-1257
269 ACTIVE org.sat4j.core_2.3.0.v20110329
270 ACTIVE org.sat4j.pb_2.3.0.v20110329
271 ACTIVE org.slf4j.api_1.6.4.v20120130-2120
Fragments=34
272 ACTIVE org.w3c.css.sac_1.3.1.v200903091627
273 ACTIVE org.w3c.dom.smil_1.0.0.v200806040011
274 ACTIVE org.w3c.dom.svg_1.1.0.v201011041433
275 ACTIVE org.eclipse.core.contenttype_3.4.200.v20130326-1255
276 ACTIVE org.eclipse.core.expressions_3.4.500.v20130515-1343
277 ACTIVE org.eclipse.core.jobs_3.5.300.v20130429-1813
278 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.app_1.3.100.v20130327-1442
279 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.common_3.6.200.v20130402-1505
280 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry_1.1.300.v20130402-1529
281 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.registry_3.5.301.v20130717-1549
Fragments=87
282 ACTIVE org.eclipse.help_3.6.0.v20130326-1254
283 ACTIVE org.eclipse.jdt.junit.runtime_3.4.400.v20130514-0733
291 ACTIVE org.apache.felix.gogo.command_0.10.0.v201209301215
292 ACTIVE org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime_0.10.0.v201209301036
293 ACTIVE org.apache.felix.gogo.shell_0.10.0.v201212101605
294 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.console_1.0.100.v20130429-0953
295 ACTIVE org.eclipse.rap.jface_2.1.1.20130902-1345
296 ACTIVE org.eclipse.rap.rwt_2.1.1.20130902-1345
297 ACTIVE org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.addons.swt_0.10.1.v20120523-1955
300 INSTALLED CpiomcfEm_IE_1.0.0
301 RESOLVED CpiomcfEm_Main_1.0.0
Master=312
302 ACTIVE GENE-EM_EME_1.1.0
303 ACTIVE GENE-EM_Editor_1.0.0.qualifier
306 ACTIVE GENE_EM_1.0.0
309 ACTIVE GENE_EM_Compare_3.1.0
310 ACTIVE GENE_EM_ELM_4.1.0
311 ACTIVE GENE_EM_GEM_4.1.0
Fragments=4
312 ACTIVE GENE_EM_Main_1.0.0
Fragments=301
314 ACTIVE GENE_EM_PDF_4.1.0
315 ACTIVE TOOLS_Common_3.1.0
317 ACTIVE org.eclipse.compare_3.5.300.v20120522-1148
319 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui_2.2.0.v20120524-0542
320 ACTIVE org.eclipse.equinox.security.ui_1.1.100.v20120522-2049
325 ACTIVE org.eclipse.ltk.ui.refactoring_3.7.0.v20120523-1543
327 ACTIVE org.eclipse.search_3.8.0.v20120523-1540
328 ACTIVE org.eclipse.team.ui_3.6.200.v20120522-1148
329 ACTIVE org.eclipse.ui_3.103.0.v20120521-2329
330 ACTIVE org.eclipse.ui.cheatsheets_3.4.200.v20120521-2344
331 ACTIVE org.eclipse.ui.console_3.5.100.v20120521-2012
332 ACTIVE org.eclipse.ui.editors_3.8.0.v20120523-1540
334 ACTIVE org.eclipse.ui.forms_3.5.200.v20120521-2329
335 ACTIVE org.eclipse.ui.ide_3.8.0.v20120521-2329
Fragments=343
336 ACTIVE org.eclipse.ui.intro_3.4.200.v20120521-2344
337 ACTIVE org.eclipse.ui.navigator_3.5.200.v20120523-1955
338 ACTIVE org.eclipse.ui.navigator.resources_3.4.400.v20120523-1955
339 ACTIVE org.eclipse.ui.trace_1.0.0.v20120523-2012
340 ACTIVE org.eclipse.ui.views_3.6.100.v20120521-2329
341 ACTIVE org.eclipse.ui.views.log_1.0.300.v20120530-1435
342 ACTIVE org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed_3.5.300.v20120523-1955
343 RESOLVED org.eclipse.ui.win32_3.2.300.v20120523-1955
Master=335
344 ACTIVE org.eclipse.ui.workbench.texteditor_3.8.0.v20120523-1310
353 INSTALLED GENE-EM_IE_1.0.0
354 INSTALLED GENE_EM_Check_4.0.0
355 INSTALLED GENE_EM_CommandLine_4.1.0
356 INSTALLED GENE_EM_OCL_1.0.0
357 INSTALLED CpiomcfEm_Help_1.0.0
360 RESOLVED org.eclipse.help.ui_3.5.200.v20120521-2344

My MANIFEST.MF :
Quote:
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-Name: CpiomcfEm_Product
Bundle-SymbolicName: CpiomcfEm_Product;singleton:=true
Bundle-Version: 1.0.0
Bundle-Activator: thales.themis.em.cpiomcf.product.plugin.Activator
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.7
Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.core.runtime,
org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.workbench;bundle-version="0.10.1",
org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench;bundle-version="0.10.2",
org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts;bundle-version="1.1.0",
org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.swt.theme;bundle-version="0.9.2",
org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.core;bundle-version="0.10.1",
org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.swt;bundle-version="0.10.1",
com.google.guava;bundle-version="10.0.1",
GENE_EM_Common;bundle-version="4.1.0",
GENE_EM_GEM;bundle-version="4.1.0",
org.eclipse.rap.ui;bundle-version="2.2.0"
Import-Package: org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.modeling
Bundle-ActivationPolicy: lazy

And my .launch file :
Quote:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<launchConfiguration type="org.eclipse.rap.ui.launch.RAPLauncher">
<booleanAttribute key="append.args" value="true"/>
<booleanAttribute key="askclear" value="false"/>
<booleanAttribute key="automaticAdd" value="true"/>
<booleanAttribute key="automaticValidate" value="false"/>
<stringAttribute key="bootstrap" value=""/>
<stringAttribute key="checked" value="[NONE]"/>
<booleanAttribute key="clearConfig" value="false"/>
<booleanAttribute key="clearws" value="false"/>
<stringAttribute key="configLocation" value="${workspace_loc}/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/CPIOMCF-EM_RAP"/>
<booleanAttribute key="default" value="true"/>
<booleanAttribute key="default_auto_start" value="true"/>
<intAttribute key="default_start_level" value="4"/>
<stringAttribute key="deselected_workspace_plugins" value="CpiomcfEm_GuiTests,GENE-EM_GuiTests"/>
<booleanAttribute key="includeOptional" value="true"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.debug.ui.ATTR_CAPTURE_IN_FILE" value="D:\Documents and Settings\T0133893\Bureau\log.txt"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.PROGRAM_ARGUMENTS" value="-os ${target.os} -ws ${target.ws} -arch ${target.arch} -nl ${target.nl} -consoleLog -console"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.SOURCE_PATH_PROVIDER" value="org.eclipse.pde.ui.workbenchClasspathProvider"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.VM_ARGUMENTS" value="-Declipse.ignoreApp=true -Dosgi.noShutdown=true
-Dorg.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.log.stderr.threshold=info"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.rap.launch.browserMode" value="EXTERNAL"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.rap.launch.contextpath" value="/"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.rap.launch.dataLocation" value="${workspace_loc}/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.rap.tools.launch/CPIOMCF-EM_RAP"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.rap.launch.developmentMode" value="true"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.rap.launch.openBrowser" value="true"/>
<intAttribute key="org.eclipse.rap.launch.port" value="10080"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.rap.launch.servletPath" value="/rap"/>
<intAttribute key="org.eclipse.rap.launch.sessionTimeout" value="0"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.rap.launch.useDefaultDataLocation" value="true"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.rap.launch.useManualContextPath" value="false"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.rap.launch.useManualPort" value="true"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.rap.launch.useSessionTimeout" value="false"/>
<stringAttribute key="pde.version" value="3.3"/>
<booleanAttribute key="show_selected_only" value="false"/>
<stringAttribute key="target_bundles" value="ch.qos.logback.classic@default:default,ch.qos.logback.core@default:default,
... (too long)
ch.qos.logback.slf4j@default:false,com.google.guava*15.0.0@default:default/>
<booleanAttribute key="tracing" value="false"/>
<booleanAttribute key="useCustomFeatures" value="false"/>
<booleanAttribute key="useDefaultConfigArea" value="true"/>
<stringAttribute key="workspace_bundles" value="CpiomcfEm_BusinessModel@default:default,CpiomcfEm_Common@default:false,
CpiomcfEm_GEM@default:false,CpiomcfEm_Help@default:default,
CpiomcfEm_IE@default:false,CpiomcfEm_Main@default:false,
CpiomcfEm_PRM@default:false,CpiomcfEm_Product@default:default,
CpiomcfEm_SDM@default:false,GENE-EM_EME@default:default,GENE-EM_Editor@default:default,GENE-EM_IE@default:default,GENE_EM@default:default,
GENE_EM_BusinessMetaModel@default:default,GENE_EM_CMM@default:default,
GENE_EM_Check@default:default,GENE_EM_CommandLine@default:default,
GENE_EM_Common@default:default,GENE_EM_Compare@default:default,
GENE_EM_ELM@default:default,GENE_EM_GDM@default:default,GENE_EM_GEM@default:default,
GENE_EM_Help@default:default,GENE_EM_Main@default:default,
GENE_EM_OCL@default:default,GENE_EM_PDF@default:default,GENE_EM_PRM@default:default,
TOOLS_Common@default:default"/>
</launchConfiguration>

If you see what's wrong.

I tried to resolved some problems like
Quote:
The bundle "XYZ" could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Require-Bundle: ABC; bundle-version="1.0.0"

All ABC bundles are in XYZ with correct version so i tried to remove et re-add it but with no success. I make them "Optional" and the error disappeared, is it good solution ?

[Updated on: Thu, 13 February 2014 08:49]

Re: RCP to RAP : No context available outside of the request processing [message #1245069 is a reply to message #1245038] Thu, 13 February 2014 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello, Clement.

I see both RCP and RAP plugins in your application - it is wrong. Download platform from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/rt/rap/2.2/rap-2.2.0-R-20131204-0942.zip and set it as Target platform in your IDE (Eclipse, Netbeans etc. Window->Preferences->Target Platform for Eclipse case).
Validate your launch configuration by Validate button - validation must be successful.
All your UI plugins must define OPTIONAL dependences from eclipse UI plugins, such as org.eclipse.ui with org.eclipse.rap.ui - for RCP case the org.eclipse.ui will be resolved, for RAP - org.eclipse.rap.ui.

PS Fix please your last post with launch configuration to fit the browser window width.

May be this link will be usefull http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/wa-rcprap/ - migration for RAP 1.3, but it can easily expanded for RAP 2.3.
Also try to run simple demo application (org.eclipse.rap.demo from RAP) to test you configuration and investigate hot it works.

Best regards,
Yury.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 February 2014 09:04]

Re: RCP to RAP : No context available outside of the request processing [message #1245094 is a reply to message #1245069] Thu, 13 February 2014 09:29 Go to previous message
Yuri,

I already set a Target Platform and work on a simple demo application (Eclipse RCP Mail Application migrated to RAP with success) so that's why i work on a big RCP application now (maybe too big ?).

I was thinking that migration was possible on any RCP application but maybe I was wrong ?

Quote:
Validate your launch configuration by Validate button - validation must be successful.

Do you talk about "Validate Bundles" button in Run configuration "Bundles" tab ? If it is the case, there is "No problems were detected".

I have already read http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/wa-rcprap/ to help me,but i will read it again, thanks for the link.

If you have other advices, please let me know.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 February 2014 10:18]

Previous Topic:Web Workers in RAP
Next Topic:Multiline Checkbox
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 15:08:23 GMT 2024