Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Public Key SSL in Tomcat(Database server public key SSL used by Tomcat)
Public Key SSL in Tomcat [message #1241000] Fri, 07 February 2014 10:22 Go to next message
Alan Farroll is currently offline Alan FarrollFriend
Hi All,

I am slowly getting to the bottom of applying SSL throughout my project but am stuck in the current situation.

Project is a Java servlet running on Windows. Java 1.6 and Tomcat 7

My Java servlet connects to both an Oracle database (running on Unix) and a SQL Server database. We have a keystore set up successfully on the servlets' server with root, intermediate certificates etc that encrypt the connection to Oracle. The server team maintaining the server hosting the SQL Server database have supplied me with an SSL certificate. I am assuming it is a public key certificate.

I am trying to apply this certificate to encrypt the network traffic to the SQL Server database. I have attempted to import the certificate into the keystore mentioned above using the Java keytool but this does not work so I deleted the certificate from the keystore again. I found the URL below which I have followed to install the certificate through MMC but cannot find how to now force Tomcat to encrypt the network traffic.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316898

Can someone please tell me what I am missing here please? There is loads of guidance on setting up keystores with root and intermediate certificates etc, but I cannot find any guidance on waht to do in Tomcat to use a single provided SSL certificate. Do I use the Java cacerts file and import the certificate in there?

Thanks in advance

Regards

AJF
Re: Public Key SSL in Tomcat [message #1241205 is a reply to message #1241000] Fri, 07 February 2014 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
This forum is for topics directly related to Eclipse and using Eclipse. Your question seems to be a general app development question (not specific to Eclipse) so you should ask on a more appropriate forum such as Stack Overflow.
Re: Public Key SSL in Tomcat [message #1243693 is a reply to message #1241205] Tue, 11 February 2014 10:14 Go to previous message
Alan Farroll is currently offline Alan FarrollFriend
Hi Eric,

Thanks for response. I have actually tried StackOverflow but not help is forth-coming. I have tried a few other Forums too but without success. Maybe this is a tricky scenario that few people have experince of.

I will have another go.

Thanks again

Regards

Alan
Previous Topic:Workspace does not open, but import it and then it's OK
Next Topic:Installation for Android and non-Android
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:28:53 GMT 2024