Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Set a default presentation view.
Set a default presentation view. [message #1240937] Fri, 07 February 2014 08:45 Go to next message
Aleksandar Toshovski is currently offline Aleksandar ToshovskiFriend
At first I'd like to thank you for the contribution of such a great framework to the eclipse community.

I'd like set a presentation view as default editor. Also I'd like to create a perspective where the created presentation views are opened, so that the user don't have to open them. Is it possible?

My case is that users need different perspectives of the models and I want to show them only what they need to see, without bothering them with the existence of the other perspectives.
Re: Set a default presentation view. [message #1240951 is a reply to message #1240937] Fri, 07 February 2014 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

Well that should be possible but you would have to implement some custom code because Sirius does not listen to perspective change. However, based on the description of the behaviour that you describe, I think that you should be able to do it without the perspectives. You should probably define different "Viewpoint" elements on your odesign, for each kind of user group (instead of a perspective for each kind). Then, for each "presentation view" (Representation Description in odesign) you can check the combo box "Initialisation" (to allow automatic creation of your representations) and "Show on Startup" (to automatically open your representations). Do you think that this should cover your needs?

Regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Set a default presentation view. [message #1241241 is a reply to message #1240951] Fri, 07 February 2014 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That works. Thanks for the tip. I don't understand why the generated editor also opens. I would expect only to open the defined view points.
Re: Set a default presentation view. [message #1242937 is a reply to message #1241241] Mon, 10 February 2014 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,
That is unexpected. I just tried and it only opens the expected Sirius Editor not the generated editor. Do you have some custom code that may lead to this situation?

Regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Set a default presentation view. [message #1243688 is a reply to message #1242937] Tue, 11 February 2014 10:05 Go to previous message
Sorry It was my mistake.
Previous Topic:'remove' mapping in layer
Next Topic:Group Elements in TableTree
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:54:27 GMT 2024