Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » How Do I Extend the CSS Editor?(Writing an SCSS editor on top of the CSS core.)
icon5.gif  How Do I Extend the CSS Editor? [message #1239384] Tue, 04 February 2014 04:05
Colin Haber is currently offline Colin HaberFriend

So, I'm tired of using the CSS editor and ant to make my SCSS work. I figure I know Java, I've played with the Eclipse API (making basic editors) before; we're all good. SCSS is a superset of CSS so far as I recall, and there's no reason for me to write the entirety of an SCSS editor by hand when the CSS editor has, I assumed, a perfectly good CSS model. And then, all of a sudden, SSE.

The SSE is a great idea, don't get me wrong. But the documentation's shoddy, and the API seems to be very in-flux. Now that I think I've got it a little figured out, I have a bigger problem: how do I extend the CSS model/metamodel to support SCSS? I just want to add support for properly handling nested elements and the like; conceptually, SCSS isn't very structurally different from CSS at all. I've pored over what documentation there is, and I've tried my best to pick apart the incredibly thoroughly-abstracted implementation, and I'm nowhere.

If anyone who actually understands the inner workings of the CSS editor, I'd appreciate some help. If anyone who actually understands the same for the SSE, I wouldn't turn you down either.

Cheers.
Previous Topic:Managing dependnecies, WTP and Gradle cooperation
Next Topic:Starting out with Web
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:33:58 GMT 2024