Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Timeout connecting to running AUT
Timeout connecting to running AUT [message #1238211] Fri, 31 January 2014 17:27 Go to next message
James Johnson is currently offline James JohnsonFriend
Platform: OS X
Eclipse version: Kepler SR 1
Jubula version: 2.1.1

I have an RCP AUT that I'm launching from within Eclipse. The AUT has the Jubula plugin, and its config.ini file has it set to start, as described in the documentation. After launching the AUT, it appears in the "Running AUTs" view, so I think that's all set up correctly.

However, when I try and run a Test Suite, the system waits for a bit and then comes back with a "7009: Text Execution Error", with details of "Could not connect to AUT". The test suite has a single simple test in it. Here is the error in the log file:

2014-01-31 11:13:30.928 [Worker-3] ERROR o.e.j.c.c.c.AUTConnection - Error occurred while getting components from AUT. Error code: 2
2014-01-31 11:13:30.935 [Worker-3] ERROR o.e.j.c.c.c.AUTConnection - Error occurred while establishing connection to AUT.
org.eclipse.jubula.tools.exception.CommunicationException: could not request components from AUT
        at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.ClientTest.getAllComponentsFromAUT(ClientTest.java:713) ~[org.eclipse.jubula.client.core_2.1.1.201309020759.jar:na]
        at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.communication.AUTConnection.getComponentsFromAut(AUTConnection.java:294) ~[org.eclipse.jubula.client.core_2.1.1.201309020759.jar:na]
        at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.communication.AUTConnection.connectToAut(AUTConnection.java:224) ~[org.eclipse.jubula.client.core_2.1.1.201309020759.jar:na]
        at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.businessprocess.TestExecution.executeTestSuite(TestExecution.java:324) [org.eclipse.jubula.client.core_2.1.1.201309020759.jar:na]
        at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.ClientTest$1.run(ClientTest.java:544) [org.eclipse.jubula.client.core_2.1.1.201309020759.jar:na]
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53) [org.eclipse.core.jobs_3.5.300.v20130429-1813.jar:na]
2014-01-31 11:13:30.999 [Awaiting command: class org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.commands.AUTStartedCommand] WARN  o.e.j.c.c.commands.AUTStartedCommand - org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.commands.AUTStartedCommand.timeout() called
2014-01-31 11:13:31.004 [Awaiting command: class org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.commands.AUTStartedCommand] ERROR o.e.j.c.c.c.AUTConnection - Error occurred while getting components from AUT. Error code: 1

I've searched the forums and web for problems like this, but they closest I've found is people having problems timing out in the middle of a run of several tests. In this case, it's only one test, and it appears it doesn't even get far enough to initiate it. Has anyone seen this problem before?
Re: Timeout connecting to running AUT [message #1238422 is a reply to message #1238211] Sat, 01 February 2014 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

To test AUTs from inside the Eclipse IDE you need to install and use the Jubula Launch Configurations. Just adding the plug-in to the AUT isn't sufficient since the plug-in needs a few runtime configuration parameters. Just define a launch configuration for testing and it should work.

- Achim
Re: Timeout connecting to running AUT [message #1240081 is a reply to message #1238211] Wed, 05 February 2014 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I do have the Jubula Launch Configurations installed, though. At least, I have the "Jubula Launch Support for Eclipse RCP" plugin installed in my Eclipse IDE, and I'm launching the AUT with the "Start AUT" button. I also have an AUT ID set in the Test tab (although I gather that's not required). Is there something else I should have installed?

In the meantime, I tried starting an AUT from within Eclipse and then running a test on it from a standalone Jubula installation, and that did work. So I think the AUT is starting correctly, just running the test from within Eclipse isn't working.

There are the two Jubula plugins that I have installed:

Jubula Launch Support for Eclipse RCP, ver 2.1.1
Jubula Functional Testing, ver 2.1.1
Re: Timeout connecting to running AUT [message #1262474 is a reply to message #1240081] Mon, 03 March 2014 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have some more information that might help diagnose the problem. In the rc_rcp.log, it has the following error, which seems to be the cause of the timeout:

192.168.1.100,port=53853,localport=54333]] ERROR o.e.j.communication.Communicator - deserialisation of a received message failed
org.eclipse.jubula.tools.exception.SerialisationException: org.eclipse.jubula.communication.message.swt.SendSwtAUTListOfSupportedComponentsMessage
	at org.eclipse.jubula.communication.parser.MessageSerializer.deserialize(MessageSerializer.java:104) ~[org.eclipse.jubula.communication.jar:na]
	at org.eclipse.jubula.communication.Communicator$ConnectionListener.received(Communicator.java:797) ~[org.eclipse.jubula.communication.jar:na]
	at org.eclipse.jubula.communication.connection.Connection.fireMessageReceived(Connection.java:402) [org.eclipse.jubula.communication.jar:na]
	at org.eclipse.jubula.communication.connection.Connection.access$2(Connection.java:391) [org.eclipse.jubula.communication.jar:na]
	at org.eclipse.jubula.communication.connection.Connection$ReaderThread.run(Connection.java:454) [org.eclipse.jubula.communication.jar:na]

I've searched for the error on the web and in the forums, but the only results were the message in the source code. Has anybody come across this before?

The strange part its that it works just fine if I connect from a standalone Jubula rather than from Eclipse. (That is, I launch the AUT from within Eclipse, but run the tests from the standalone)
Re: Timeout connecting to running AUT [message #1268449 is a reply to message #1262474] Mon, 10 March 2014 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi there, the plugin is indeed the correct one. Assuming you have everything in the right version, I don't know what the problem could be. I'll forward the thread onto the team to see if anyone there has an idea.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Timeout connecting to running AUT [message #1268474 is a reply to message #1268449] Mon, 10 March 2014 14:46 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi there,

I've spoken to someone here and here's what we've got:
- have you declared an AUT ID in the AUT definition for the AUT you want to start in the project? [1]
- does the AUT, when started, have the text "unknown" in the running AUTs view?
- can you start the object mapping mode and map objects? (we suspect not)
- when you say you use the standlone, which exact version were you using?
- what is the exact version of the RCP accessor that you've deployed in the AUT?

Thanks for the information,
Alex

[1] http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/manual/node72.html?cp=34_2_5

Previous Topic:Problems using executeExternalCommand
Next Topic:Jabula
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:44:04 GMT 2024