Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support
Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1237764] Thu, 30 January 2014 14:25 Go to next message
Reto Urfer is currently offline Reto UrferFriend
Hi all
Spring announced that after the current 3.2.7 release there will be only one
more bug fix release for Spring 3.2.

Currently Gemini Blueprint does not work with Spring 4 and is also not
compilable because in Spring 4 they have removed a lot of deprecated
classes. Spring 4 supports Java8 and also Hibernate 4.3 which contains the
JPA 2.1 implementation.

Therefore it is important to have a Spring 4 compatible version of Gemini
Blueprint. Are there any plans to migrate the current version so it will be
usable with Spring 4?

regards
Reto
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1237771 is a reply to message #1237764] Thu, 30 January 2014 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dmitry Sklyut is currently offline Dmitry SklyutFriend
Hi,

Spring 4.0 support is a theme for post 2.x release. Maybe 3.x of blueprint. Current effort is to upgrade osgi frameworks support to OSGi R4.3 level (as felix does not have R5 certified release yet).

Another impediment is that Spring stopped shipping osgi metadata with official releases and Spring EBR is dead. Unless there is a desire on the part of Eclipse EBR project to wake up and start hosting maven/ivy repos of osgified artifacts we are all in a bit of a pickled situation.

Regards,
Dmitry
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1402777 is a reply to message #1237771] Thu, 17 July 2014 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Richard Fearn is currently offline Richard FearnFriend
We ran into this problem recently so I filed a bug: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=439713
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1407660 is a reply to message #1237771] Wed, 13 August 2014 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcos Scriven is currently offline Marcos ScrivenFriend
Hi Dmitry

I work on an application that uses Spring 3 and Gemini Blueprints. I just tried upgrading to Spring 4, and subsequently found this thread when things didn't work.

I just wanted to confirm a few things:

1) You mention that Spring 4 is not for a 2.x release, but I notice there's a relatively recent (9 days ago at the time of posting) tag in your git repo tagged 'spring4upgrade': http://git.eclipse.org/c/gemini.blueprint/org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.git/log/?h=spring4upgrade

2) Regarding the Spring EBR releases, Servicemix publish these now. However, I see from the commit comment that that's what you used too.

3) When is Spring 4 support likely to land?

4) A more general question, but what's the roadmap? It looks like 2.0.0-m2 was released last year, and there's only been sporadic development work since (and only by you). Is Eclipse definitely supporting this?

Basically, wondering about the future of Spring in OSGi, and looking at whether we need to start preparing for pure Blueprint wiring.

Thanks

Marcos

Dmitry Sklyut wrote on Thu, 30 January 2014 09:53
Hi,

Spring 4.0 support is a theme for post 2.x release. Maybe 3.x of blueprint. Current effort is to upgrade osgi frameworks support to OSGi R4.3 level (as felix does not have R5 certified release yet).

Another impediment is that Spring stopped shipping osgi metadata with official releases and Spring EBR is dead. Unless there is a desire on the part of Eclipse EBR project to wake up and start hosting maven/ivy repos of osgified artifacts we are all in a bit of a pickled situation.

Regards,
Dmitry

Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1411612 is a reply to message #1407660] Sat, 23 August 2014 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcos,

Spring 4 is going to be the theme of BP 2.0.

I originally wanted to do a quick release base on spring 3.x but life got in the way.

There will be a 2.0 release in the next few month. Stay tuned for an announce.

Kind Regards,

Dmitry
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1455044 is a reply to message #1411612] Wed, 29 October 2014 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dmitry

Is there any update on v2 development? Doesn't look like anything is happening in the log:

http://git.eclipse.org/c/gemini.blueprint/org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.git/log/

Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1456498 is a reply to message #1455044] Thu, 30 October 2014 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Marcos,

I will push the spring4 related changes today-tomorrow minus test-support. I will also set-up jenkins jobs to publish artifacts to nexus.

I am still working on test-support as spring 4 removed support for old Junit3 based test harness and it will take a bit more time to finish plus some more time to redo all of the integration tests.

core, io, mock, extender have been updated to use spring4.

Kind Regards,
Dmitry
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1470033 is a reply to message #1456498] Wed, 12 November 2014 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dmitry

Thanks - any idea of when you can price a milestone release of this? I'm using the Eclipse Blueprint snapshot repo directly in our project for now, but obviously we can't release until we have a non-snapshot version, and I'd rather not release a fork.

Marcos
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1470349 is a reply to message #1456498] Wed, 12 November 2014 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eddie Mc Greal is currently offline Eddie Mc GrealFriend
Great news - we're also keen to move to Spring 4+
Any idea when you want to release officially?
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1470988 is a reply to message #1470349] Wed, 12 November 2014 19:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First good news: I made good progress on test-support. JUnit4 + PaxExam + Spring TestContext framework support. Still a lot of tests to move over but that is busy work mostly.

Now for not so good - servicemix bundles have an import range for commons-logging of [1.1.3, 2). slf4j has an export of 1.1.1. BAM.

I am in process of creating a patch to send to servicemix bundles. Once that gets accepted and they do a release, I will do a Milestone release.
If they do not accept it ... Lets just stay positive.

Hopefully a within a month we can have a 2.0 completed.

Dmitry
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1481385 is a reply to message #1470988] Fri, 21 November 2014 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dmitry

Great news about version 2 coming along.

I hit upon the same issue with jcl-over-slf4j. What was your patch to the bundle? To revert to [1.1.1, 2) requirement?

I assume the reason is Spring itself bumped to 1.1.3: github.com/spring-projects/spring-framework/commit/8ae3aa7f59bea714abd7da681f487b5cf1b13165

An alternative I'm trying is to upgrade jcl-over-slf4j: github.com/qos-ch/slf4j/pull/89

Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1482042 is a reply to message #1481385] Fri, 21 November 2014 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcos, I am not so sure that changing slf4j version range is right solution. There is nothing in the commons-logging 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 that affects importers. No API change, only internal bug fixes. So I would argue that lowest boundary for import should still be 1.1.1 on spring side.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SMX4-1902

There was no movement on that issue so far. For now I will embed spring bundle generation into blueprint so I can push the changes to give interested parties something to test with. Once this gets resolved on either servicemix or slf4j side, I will update accordingly.

Kind Regards,

Dmitry
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1494736 is a reply to message #1470988] Mon, 01 December 2014 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eddie Mc Greal is currently offline Eddie Mc GrealFriend
I'm trying out the blueprint 2.0.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT code and get the following exception:

Root exception:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
at org.springframework.core.SpringProperties.<clinit>(SpringProperties.java:50)
at org.springframework.beans.CachedIntrospectionResults.<clinit>(CachedIntrospectionResults.java:97)
at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.extender.internal.activator.JavaBeansCacheActivator.initJavaBeansCache(JavaBeansCacheActivator.java:62)
at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.extender.internal.activator.JavaBeansCacheActivator.start(JavaBeansCacheActivator.java:44)
at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.extender.internal.boot.ChainActivator.start(ChainActivator.java:93)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:771)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:764)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:721)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.startWorker0(EquinoxBundle.java:936)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle$EquinoxModule.startWorker(EquinoxBundle.java:319)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.doStart(Module.java:571)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:439)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1562)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory cannot be found by org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-core_4.1.1.RELEASE_2
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:432)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:345)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:337)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:160)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
... 21 more

I've include the commons-logging-1.2 bundle - this should satisfy spring-core_4.1.1 as it has a dependency of [1.1.3,2)
Any ideas how I can fix this?
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1494750 is a reply to message #1494736] Mon, 01 December 2014 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes. That. You walked into this issue -> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SMX4-1902. Servicemix developers are hopefully addressing this issue shortly.

We are using slf4j vs. commons-logging in bp. So that is the reason it is failing right now. You can check if the commons-logging-1.2 bundle you are using is really a bundle and check if it is exporting proper version.

Otherwise you could pull down the patch from the above referenced issue and apply/build locally and use 4.1.1.RELEASE_3-SNAPSHOT version of spring bundles.
You can pull down the source for servicemix bundles from here: http://servicemix.apache.org/developers/source/bundles-source.html.

This is the approach I am using while waiting for the fix on smx side.

Kind Regards,
Dmitry
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1495828 is a reply to message #1494750] Tue, 02 December 2014 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Servicemix bundles were updated with the correct version range.
I pushed new test-support changes, based on pax exam to master.

One step closer to 2.0 release.

Dmitry
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1514119 is a reply to message #1495828] Wed, 17 December 2014 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dmitry Sklyut wrote on Tue, 02 December 2014 09:54
Servicemix bundles were updated with the correct version range.
I pushed new test-support changes, based on pax exam to master.

One step closer to 2.0 release.

Dmitry

Just checking in again to see if you have a timeline for the first rc? I'm assuming sometime after the holiday season at this stage?
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1565470 is a reply to message #1514119] Thu, 15 January 2015 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marco Schulte is currently offline Marco SchulteFriend
It's great news a new release is coming ahead! We were already afraid bp might be dead.
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1586731 is a reply to message #1565470] Tue, 27 January 2015 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dmitry

Our project is still depending on an internally built version of Gemini, any ideas when you're planning to release an RC?

Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1589557 is a reply to message #1586731] Wed, 28 January 2015 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Marcos,

Mid February. 17 - 20th is a target for M3. After that depends on the number of issues uncovered.

Kind Regards,
Dmitry
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1647221 is a reply to message #1589557] Tue, 03 March 2015 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Micael Chiampo is currently offline Micael ChiampoFriend
Hello Dmitry,
Any news about Milestone 3 ? I'm waiting too for spring 4 support.
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1689733 is a reply to message #1647221] Tue, 24 March 2015 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HI Dmitry

We're chomping at the bit for a release of Blueprints 2.0.

We're faced with three options I think if this doesn't happen:

1) Revert to 1.x, but that would mean not being able to use Spring 4, and thus not really an option
2) Release an internal milestone with which to build and release our products against
3) Fork and make a public release

One other option we mooted was whether we could join the project? Is that something you'd consider? Do you have a list of outstanding work to do for a 2.0 version?
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1693264 is a reply to message #1689733] Wed, 22 April 2015 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Rodgers is currently offline Martin RodgersFriend
Dmitry,
Any news about this Milestone? It seems that there are a lot of people waiting for this release...

Thanks

Regards
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1697763 is a reply to message #1693264] Mon, 08 June 2015 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Hilber is currently offline Carsten HilberFriend
HI Dmitry

Is there any plan to get further with this topic?
We're also waiting to use BP 2.0 with Spring 4 support.

I can offer to help you out if time is the problem.

Carsten
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1697779 is a reply to message #1697763] Mon, 08 June 2015 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dmitry

I've fixed up the majority of the tests, and got most of them working: https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint/branch/pax-exam-test-fixup

There's still a few to go, but in the meantime, how do I go about getting this upstream please? Hopefully this will enable a milestone release.

Marcos
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1697858 is a reply to message #1697779] Tue, 09 June 2015 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Waibel is currently offline Florian WaibelFriend
Hi Marcos,

that's great news. Thanks for taking the time to look at the tests.

As this is a very important part of Virgo we are interested in getting your changes into upstream, too. I'll try to get in contact[1] with the Gemini Blueprint team.

Regards,
florian

[1] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/gemini-dev/msg01110.html

[Updated on: Tue, 09 June 2015 07:47]

Report message to a moderator

icon14.gif  Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1703758 is a reply to message #1237764] Tue, 04 August 2015 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joao Nelas is currently offline Joao NelasFriend
I've seen that you both were approved as committers to blueprint, congrats!

Is there a timeframe for merging the bitbucket branch?
Or maybe Marcus can make his mirror/fork public...

I would very much like to get my hands on it.

Jn
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1704875 is a reply to message #1703758] Mon, 10 August 2015 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

as far as I know Marcos is currently busy with the required paperwork.

Regards,
florian
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1704995 is a reply to message #1704875] Tue, 11 August 2015 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Waibel wrote on Mon, 10 August 2015 06:15
Hi,

as far as I know Marcos is currently busy with the required paperwork.

Regards,
florian

Yes that's correct Florian - I need to ensure the company I work with can sign the employer consent form.

Will update as soon as that happens.

[Updated on: Tue, 11 August 2015 10:11]

Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1705132 is a reply to message #1704995] Wed, 12 August 2015 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henno Vermeulen is currently offline Henno VermeulenFriend
I would like to migrate our application to Java 8 with Spring 4. It's a bit unfortunate that there is no release yet.
But good to see you are actively working on this!

Do you have a date planned for a release?
I am currently using 2.0.0.M02 which I download with Maven through the repo at http://repository.springsource.com/maven/bundles/external

Do you think I can use Maven a snapshot version from https://repo.eclipse.org/ to do this, or are there still many bugs to be resolved?
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1705277 is a reply to message #1705132] Thu, 13 August 2015 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To answer part of my own question: the current snapshot version 2.0.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT that is provided in repository https://repo.eclipse.org/content/repositories/gemini-blueprint-snapshots seems to work fine for my application. (I also found a 2.0.0.BUILD-atlassian-m002 version but this suffers from the same ClassNotFoundException mentioned above.)

I did need to fix a ClassNotFoundException which was caused by using aspectj weaver 1.7.1 while the Spring AOP bundle used by Gemini Blueprint requires at least 1.8.2.
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1708644 is a reply to message #1705277] Fri, 18 September 2015 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did find an issue where within the workspace Eclipse tries to use the Servicemix Spring SOURCE bundle jars instead of the binary jars as plug-in dependencies, when both are present on the target platform. I reported this here and commented on a related servicemix bug here.
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1709351 is a reply to message #1237764] Sun, 27 September 2015 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom De Wolf is currently offline Tom De WolfFriend
Is someone actively working on gemini blueprint to get the 2.0.0 release including spring 4 support done and finally available to everyone?

If so, please give some sense of urgency to it.

If not, is there a way we can assist in it?

Tom
ACA IT SOLUTIONS
Belgium
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1709464 is a reply to message #1709351] Mon, 28 September 2015 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Tom

It's been quite a long process of getting voted as a committer, getting legal contributer agreements signed, and finally getting SSH access to the code I'm afraid.

However, the good news is I've finally done that, and hopefully now I can get the fixes I made to the tests committed.

The next hurdle is that Blueprints Gemini doesn't appear to be using Gerrit, so I need to check with Dmitry how he did code reviews before now.

[Updated on: Mon, 28 September 2015 15:57]

Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1710002 is a reply to message #1709464] Fri, 02 October 2015 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcos,

Thx for the reply. Have you since monday got any news on how to proceed with your adaptations? In other words, can we get an idea on what could be a target date for the release?

Best regards,

Tom De Wolf
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1712633 is a reply to message #1710002] Tue, 27 October 2015 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garry Boyce is currently offline Garry BoyceFriend
I'm also interested in when there will be a new release.. In the meantime can we just release a snapshot to maven repo. Current snapshot is pointing to spring snapshot in servicemix that's not there. The code in github appears to point to correct location..

Thanks,
Garry
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1713525 is a reply to message #1712633] Wed, 04 November 2015 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Rodgers is currently offline Martin RodgersFriend
1+

Also interested in the new release

Thanks
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1713887 is a reply to message #1713525] Sat, 07 November 2015 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcos,

Any news yet on progress on this release? We are currently testing the snapshot and it seems to be working ok so it would be great if it gets released soon.

Tom
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1717989 is a reply to message #1237764] Fri, 18 December 2015 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
infinite universe is currently offline infinite universeFriend
Thanks for the recent release with spring 4 support! Would it be possible to provide a release with spring 4.2+ support? It only requires a few (3) trivial changes, I've made them locally and can provide a patch if that helps.
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1718203 is a reply to message #1717989] Mon, 21 December 2015 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for looking into support for 4.2+.
Would you mind creating a bugzilla and adding your patch there?

I'll take care of creating the necessary CQs.
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1718367 is a reply to message #1718203] Wed, 23 December 2015 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
infinite universe is currently offline infinite universeFriend
Thanks, I created the bugzilla here (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=484827) with the patch attached.
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1727547 is a reply to message #1237764] Wed, 23 March 2016 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles Gould is currently offline Charles GouldFriend
According to Olaf Otto, the 2.0.0 release with Spring 4.2.x support is forthcoming.

Until 2.0.0 is released, we are advised to use the build branch, since "the upcoming release branches from there".
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1728325 is a reply to message #1727547] Sat, 02 April 2016 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Hanneken is currently offline Russell HannekenFriend
What is the trick to building it? When I enter

mvn -e -P equinox clean compile

I get

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.virgo.bundlor:org.eclipse.virgo.bundlor.maven:1.1.2.RELEASE:bundlor (bundlor) on project gemini-blueprint-mock: Execution bundlor of goal org.eclipse.virgo.bundlor:org.eclipse.virgo.bundlor.maven:1.1.2.RELEASE:bundlor failed: No value found for placeholder 'spring.maven.artifact.version' -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.virgo.bundlor:org.eclipse.virgo.bundlor.maven:1.1.2.RELEASE:bundlor (bundlor) on project gemini-blueprint-mock: Execution bundlor of goal org.eclipse.virgo.bundlor:org.eclipse.virgo.bundlor.maven:1.1.2.RELEASE:bundlor failed: No value found for placeholder 'spring.maven.artifact.version'
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:212)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:116)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:80)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:51)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:128)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:307)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:193)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:106)
	at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:863)
	at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:288)
	at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:199)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginExecutionException: Execution bundlor of goal org.eclipse.virgo.bundlor:org.eclipse.virgo.bundlor.maven:1.1.2.RELEASE:bundlor failed: No value found for placeholder 'spring.maven.artifact.version'
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:145)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:207)
	... 20 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: No value found for placeholder 'spring.maven.artifact.version'
	at org.eclipse.virgo.util.common.PropertyPlaceholderResolver.resolve(PropertyPlaceholderResolver.java:117)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.util.common.PropertyPlaceholderResolver.resolve(PropertyPlaceholderResolver.java:129)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.util.common.PropertyPlaceholderResolver.resolveProperty(PropertyPlaceholderResolver.java:109)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.util.common.PropertyPlaceholderResolver.resolve(PropertyPlaceholderResolver.java:102)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.bundlor.support.propertysubstitution.PlaceholderManifestAndTemplateModifier.modify(PlaceholderManifestAndTemplateModifier.java:50)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.bundlor.support.StandardManifestGenerator.generate(StandardManifestGenerator.java:49)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.bundlor.maven.plugin.internal.MavenBundlorExecutor.execute(MavenBundlorExecutor.java:68)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.bundlor.maven.plugin.BundlorMojo.execute(BundlorMojo.java:222)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:134)
	... 21 more
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1728467 is a reply to message #1728325] Mon, 04 April 2016 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell, I get the same result building the master branch.

My settings:

$ mvn -v
Apache Maven 3.3.9
Java version: 1.8.0_77, vendor: Oracle Corporation
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8
OS name: "linux", version: "3.16.0-67-generic", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"

You can set the value on the command line, i.e.

mvn -e -Dspring.maven.artifact.version=4.1.6.RELEASE_1 -P equinox clean compile

But then I get

java.lang.RuntimeException: No value found for placeholder 'git.commit.id.describe'
	at org.eclipse.virgo.util.common.PropertyPlaceholderResolver.resolve(PropertyPlaceholderResolver.java:117)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.util.common.PropertyPlaceholderResolver.resolve(PropertyPlaceholderResolver.java:129)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.util.common.PropertyPlaceholderResolver.resolveProperty(PropertyPlaceholderResolver.java:109)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.util.common.PropertyPlaceholderResolver.resolve(PropertyPlaceholderResolver.java:102)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.bundlor.support.propertysubstitution.PlaceholderManifestAndTemplateModifier.modify(PlaceholderManifestAndTemplateModifier.java:50)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.bundlor.support.StandardManifestGenerator.generate(StandardManifestGenerator.java:49)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.bundlor.maven.plugin.internal.MavenBundlorExecutor.execute(MavenBundlorExecutor.java:68)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.bundlor.maven.plugin.BundlorMojo.execute(BundlorMojo.java:222)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:134)
	... 21 more

Anyway it should not be necessary to declare on the command line because it is set in the parent POM.
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1728625 is a reply to message #1728467] Wed, 06 April 2016 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles,

I discovered a minor tweak to the POM file that seems to fix the build. Save the attached patch file, checkout the build branch, and execute

git apply gemini-blueprint-BUILD.patch

Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1728637 is a reply to message #1728625] Wed, 06 April 2016 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Something else I've discovered: without any modifications to the POM, the build works with Maven 3.0.5 (which I believe is the version used by the project CI server), 3.1.1, and 3.2.5. It doesn't work with Maven 3.3.9.
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1730890 is a reply to message #1728637] Fri, 29 April 2016 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FYI if you haven't seen the new post... Gemini Blueprint 2.0.0 released!

https://www.eclipse.org/gemini/blueprint/download/

Spring version is 4.2.5 (latest as of now).
Re: Gemini Blueprint Spring 4 support [message #1731609 is a reply to message #1730890] Sat, 07 May 2016 20:21 Go to previous message
Olaf Otto is currently offline Olaf OttoFriend
Hi all,

Indeed, all gemini blueprint builds currently require maven 3.0.5. This is because the build leverages implicit property inheritance that no longer exists in more recent maven versions. I've now filed a bug for this: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=493185.

Regards,
Olaf
Previous Topic:Gemini Blueprint 2.0.0 released
Next Topic:Gemini doesn't read parent classes from another bundles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:25:25 GMT 2024