Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Can Jubula/testexec work with Xvnc ?
icon8.gif  Can Jubula/testexec work with Xvnc ? [message #1237354] Wed, 29 January 2014 13:44 Go to next message
Dirk Willert is currently offline Dirk WillertFriend
Hello,
I have an urgent problem if it possible to use Jubula with Xvnc. I've try a few things and in general it ssems, as it works, but no mouse event reaches the client. The Aut could be started and testcases with keyboard events or execute_external_command are ok. But no mouseevent works, theError Descripteion is 'Timeout received before confirmingthe postet event' (by every mouse action leftclick,rightclick, inputtext and so on)
As I described in an other post, the server is a suse linux 11, and after boot a permanent Xvnc session is started on DISPLAY 9. Then autagent started. When autrun starts the AUT, the AUT is visible in UltraVNCViewer. Testexec can comnunicate whith autagent but the test cases with mouse actions break down.
Is this a in the settings or is it not possible to run Jubula in an Xvnc session ?

Regards
Dirk
Re: Can Jubula/testexec work with Xvnc ? [message #1237674 is a reply to message #1237354] Thu, 30 January 2014 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Willert is currently offline Dirk WillertFriend
Add on question:
In which way controls the autagent the mouse ? On the Xvnc Server no mouse command reaches the AUT. Neigher from running tests in the ITE nor testexec. Is it necessary to modify some X - Xvnc Server Settings ?
Sometimes a video is better than 1000 words, in the viceo you can see my Problem.

Regards
Dirk

[Updated on: Thu, 30 January 2014 13:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can Jubula/testexec work with Xvnc ? [message #1238017 is a reply to message #1237674] Fri, 31 January 2014 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi there,

I don't know the answer to this one, but I'm going to ask in the team.
I do know that we recommend using virtual machines [1], and that the machine needs to have a GUI, a keyboard and a mouse (not necessarily physical).

I'll get back to you when I get some more information.

Alex

[1] http://testing.bredex.de/test-machine-setup.html
Re: Can Jubula/testexec work with Xvnc ? [message #1239087 is a reply to message #1238017] Mon, 03 February 2014 10:17 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

One possible thing that does come to mind - even if you're accessing the desktop remotely, you would still need to be "viewing" that desktop for the test execution.
I know from using Windows remote desktop that you can't switch away from the active test session - perhaps it's similar here?

As I said above, we don't recommend remote connections anyway - even when they do work, there can be timing problems as mentioned in the article above.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:Problem connect to "Default Embedded(H2)"
Next Topic:Linux testexec check selection always return true
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:07:30 GMT 2024