Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » How to commit project to CVS and few questions(I have few questions/queries to with you )
icon5.gif  How to commit project to CVS and few questions [message #1236794] Tue, 28 January 2014 04:44 Go to next message
PAVAN BANDHAM is currently offline PAVAN BANDHAMFriend
Hi I'm new to scout.

Would like to know the following:

1. Is there a facility to add projects to CVS..? if Yes, can someone guide me how to do this.

2. While creating the search form.. can we place the search form on top portion of the result..? so that it gives a good sense of view when we made search mandatory...?

3. When I run the application in SWT, and by mistake if I close the result panel, I find there is no option for getting it back. If there is a way.. suggest me how to achieve it.

Re: How to commit project to CVS and few questions [message #1237029 is a reply to message #1236794] Tue, 28 January 2014 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
I suggest you open separate topics for unrelated issues in the future, as it makes it easier to answer them Smile

to your point 1:
I assume you want to manage the source code of your scout project using CVS? This is nothing scout specific and can be done using one of the Eclipse plugins connecting to CVS. As I've never worked with CVS (went straight to SVN) I can't recommend a plugin to use, though I believe BeyondCVS should be able to grant access to CVS repositories from Eclipse.

to your point 2:
I haven't got access to Eclipse right now, so I can't check, but for normal forms I believe there is a property to define the view in which to show the form. Have a look if this is also available for search forms, which should let you set the North-View for the search form. Alternatively, modify the perspective/view definitions in the SWT plugin.xml which defines the location of the Search-View.

to your point 3:
I'll have to let someone else answer this question
Re: How to commit project to CVS and few questions [message #1237251 is a reply to message #1236794] Wed, 29 January 2014 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
PAVAN BANDHAM wrote on Tue, 28 January 2014 05:44

1. Is there a facility to add projects to CVS..? if Yes, can someone guide me how to do this.

Support for CVS repositories have been removed from all distributions of eclipse. But you can still install CVS support, like any other feature (marketplace or install new software).

[Updated on: Wed, 29 January 2014 09:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to commit project to CVS and few questions [message #1237311 is a reply to message #1236794] Wed, 29 January 2014 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your valuable suggestions 1,2 of my queries and can someone give me a way how to achieve my 3rd problem....
Re: How to commit project to CVS and few questions [message #1237800 is a reply to message #1236794] Thu, 30 January 2014 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
2. While creating the search form.. can we place the search form on top portion of the result..? so that it gives a good sense of view when we made search mandatory...?

With:
  @Override
  protected String getConfiguredDisplayViewId() {
    return VIEW_ID_N;
  }

in the Search Form you get the expected result.

index.php/fa/17375/0/

3. When I run the application in SWT, and by mistake if I close the result panel, I find there is no option for getting it back. If there is a way.. suggest me how to achieve it.

By default the form will reappear if you switch page. This works:
- Close the person search form.
- Click on the Company Node.
- Click on the Person Node.
=> The search form should be back.

You can surelly do it programatically. What are you expecting? A context menu "Reset view" on the Node?

[Updated on: Thu, 30 January 2014 16:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to commit project to CVS and few questions [message #1258320 is a reply to message #1237800] Thu, 27 February 2014 09:08 Go to previous message
Thank you for now...
Previous Topic:How to propagate Eclipse 4 IStylingEngine in Scout
Next Topic:Unexpected menu items in the context menu of decimal fields
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:44:51 GMT 2024