Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » compiling smarthome(maven compilation errors)
compiling smarthome [message #1236673] Mon, 27 January 2014 20:37 Go to next message
Frank Montyne is currently offline Frank MontyneFriend
Hi Kai,

I have downloaded the source code from GitHub to have a look at the current state of the project. I needed to change some of the build files (properties, xtend,...) to eventually have a successful maven build. I can now start the server as wel as the designer.
I have the following questions:
-Are you interested in the changes I had to make to have a working build?
-Do you have some documentation on how to use the designer in its current state?
-Are you looking for contributors (development, testing) and if so what's the procedure to apply?

I'm mainly looking to use smarthome as a base platform for creating integration services around the IoT but I'm also interested in hcontributing to the project.

Looking forward to your reply,
Best regards,
Frank Montyne
Re: compiling smarthome [message #1237335 is a reply to message #1236673] Wed, 29 January 2014 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Hi Frank,

As you have noticed the current code is not yet ready to be used. We have just entered the parallel IP process, which means that we were allowed to commit sources to the repo, while not all dependencies have been approved. I have just today committed the last required external lib (jodatime) to the repo, so that I think that everything should be ready for compilation now. Note that parts like the UI (Webapp.Net files) are still missing though.

If you have already taken care of getting the compilation, perfect! Please create a Github pull request and I will review and incorporate it. Note that you should also enter a Bugzilla ticket for it in advance.

Regarding contributors: Of course, every Open Source project lives by its contributors - and there is no need to apply for anything. Simply create Bugzilla tickets and pull requests and involve yourself (just as you now did). This automatically makes you to a contributor Smile

Best regards,
Kai
Re: compiling smarthome [message #1272476 is a reply to message #1237335] Tue, 18 March 2014 01:56 Go to previous message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Just for the record: Binary builds are now built on hudson (https://hudson.eclipse.org/smarthome/job/SmartHomeDistribution/) and available for download at http://www.eclipse.org/smarthome/download.html#DemoPackages.
Previous Topic:call for Eclipse Day Florence 2014
Next Topic:Questions from new contributor (I hope)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:24:29 GMT 2024