Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Cannot reconnect to an encrypted database(Cannot reconnect to an encrypted database)
Cannot reconnect to an encrypted database [message #1234852] Thu, 23 January 2014 00:56 Go to next message
Bob Kostes is currently offline Bob KostesFriend
I have two web projects. Both use Derby and Tomcat. The one project has an unencrypted DB and works fine. I can connect/disconnect/connect all I want using the Eclipse DB Perspective. The other project has an encrypted DB. I can connect only once from within Eclipse using the DB Development perspective. If I ever have to disconnect for any reason, I keep getting the error: An encrypted database cannot be accessed without the correct boot password.

I look at the JDBC Connection Properties for the DB connection and the correct boot password is still there. I have tried deleting and recreating the DB Connection but still get the error.

The only thing I can do is delete the Derby DB on disk and recreate it with Derby ij, I can connect again. But only once.

Thanks
Re: Cannot reconnect to an encrypted database [message #1235132 is a reply to message #1234852] Thu, 23 January 2014 16:27 Go to previous message
Bob Kostes is currently offline Bob KostesFriend
I figured it out. Found some post talking about what type of encryption to use and it mentioned the service.properties file in the Derby DB directory. In that file is a parameter called: encryptedBootPassword=. This string is different from the original boot password. If I edit my JDBC connection in Eclipse and use the encryptedBootPassword, I can connect to the DB.
Previous Topic:Kepler - JSP editing slowness
Next Topic:Open Declaration issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:54:21 GMT 2024