Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » Issues while using Web Service Application in Stardust1.1.0(Issues migrating to Stardust 1.1.0 )
Issues while using Web Service Application in Stardust1.1.0 [message #1233856] Mon, 20 January 2014 17:11 Go to next message
Kunal Suri is currently offline Kunal SuriFriend

Hi Team,

First of all thanks for the Stardust 1.1.0 release. I have been waiting curiously to migrate to Stardust 1.1.0 for my testing purposes and tried doing the same today but got some issue.

In Stardust 1.0.1, in the .xpdl file, after I connect a Web Service Application to an application activity and provide the WSDL url and use the load button, the next step is to click 'Generate Classes' button under 'parts' option. In normal scenario, it should generate request - response java class that could be seen in the SRC folder.

I tried to do the same for my project in Stardust 1.1.0 but it was not able to create any such request - response java class files. Thus, I cannot provide any input to the web service and cannot expect any output

To be more sure, I downloaded a new eclipse Kepler SR1- RC3, updated it with the offline version of Stardust 1.1.0 and created a new workspace with a test project containing a .xpld file having an application activity and an web service application with the same WSDL that I use successfully in my Stardust 1.0.1 projects. But, it still did not generate the java classes.

I did use the Stardust 1.1.0 to create a Business Process with a manual activity task and it ran successfully and gave proper results. I have also started using Tomcat7 ( 7.0.47 server, earlier I was using Tomcat 6) and the project runs fine.

Could you please let me know if there is any changes in the way we use the web service application with the SOAP based WSDL url's or Am I missing some thing?

Thanks!
Kunal
Re: Issues while using Web Service Application in Stardust1.1.0 [message #1234722 is a reply to message #1233856] Wed, 22 January 2014 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hello,

We did some hit and trials to find a solution to this problem so as to use the 'Web Service Application' in Stardust 1.1.0 and we did found out a work around.

The problem in 1.1.0 was that when we put the WSDL URL in the 'Web Service Application' -> Press Load -> Go to Parts -> Press Generate Classes, there were no request/response classes being created under 'Java Resources/SRC' folder. But, in 1.0.1 the Stardust was creating these request/response classes in a very fine manner. Just to be more clear, we are using CXF SOAP services hosted locally in JBoss Fuse ESB.

We thought that Stardust might be using internally present CXF jars to create such request/ responses. Thus, we tried replacing the newly created CXF jar i.e. org.eclipse.stardust.ide.thirdparty.cxf_2.6.1.v20131025-1037.jar (The one with Stardust 1.1.0) by org.eclipse.stardust.ide.thirdparty.cxf_2.6.1.v20130916-1401.jar (From Stardust 1.0.1)

After replacing the jars and restarting the Eclipse, we were able to generate the request/response files and tested the Business Process to run successfully in Stardust 1.1.0

Thus, we feel that there might be some issues with the new CXF jars and wanted to bring the same in your notice. As far as we know, these generated classes are important to assign the incoming values to the Web Services and to assign the response values too.

Thanks!
Kunal
Re: Issues while using Web Service Application in Stardust1.1.0 [message #1234730 is a reply to message #1234722] Wed, 22 January 2014 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jan Hendrik Scheufen is currently offline Jan Hendrik ScheufenFriend

Hi Kunal,

sorry for not being able to reply earlier.
First of all, thanks for putting in so much effort and letting us know the results!
You might want to try one more approach that we typically recommend and that has become the standard way of integrating external web services and their parameters into Stardust:
Instead of generating Java classes for the input/output parameters, you can import "Structured Type" definitions into the process model directly from the WSDL. The "Structured Type" data type is stored as XML in the process instead of a serialized POJO and therefore much more efficient. Also, there are numerous other built-in applications that can process structured data (like Message Transformation), so it's a more versatile data representation in Stardust anyways.

See this link on importing data structures from an external source like XSD or WSDL:

http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/topic/org.eclipse.stardust.docs.analyst/html/handbooks/modelling_analyst/pep-struct-type.htm#imp

After importing the structured definitions and creating data objects of type "Structured Type" that follow these definitions, these data objects can be used directly as input and output of the web service activity in the process model.

(Hint: if you configure the Web Service Application first and connect it to the activity and then lastly connect the data objects as IN/OUT mappings in the diagram, Stardust automatically wires the parameters correctly based on the matching XML namespaces of the WS operation and the imported structured types).

Regards,

Jan
Re: Issues while using Web Service Application in Stardust1.1.0 [message #1237010 is a reply to message #1233856] Tue, 28 January 2014 16:09 Go to previous message

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your input and time! Smile

For now, as my issue has been solved by replacing the CXF jar file thus, I am using the same method of generating classes for my test project.

In Future, I will try to use and follow the method you had mentioned.

Cheers,
Kunal.
Previous Topic:Active Process and Timer
Next Topic:How to test forceCompletion(from IAdministrationService) API in SOAP UI test tool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 11:26:55 GMT 2024