Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Embedded editor and crossreferncing to surounding EMF model
Embedded editor and crossreferncing to surounding EMF model [message #1232402] Thu, 16 January 2014 21:41
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

I'm working on an RCP tool where we have an EMF model generated from a standardized XML file (IEC standard). For editing this files we use a multipage editor showing cetain parts of the file mainly in different GEF based editors.

However some elements in the XML file are text elemetns and it would be nice to use an xtext-based editor for editing these elements. As already mentioned in other posts in this forum xtext provides for this the embedded editor, which I could get runnig pretty easily.

My problem now is that the language I'm using allows to reference elements of the surounding XML-file (EMF-model). What I'm got from the docs is that resolving thise references is the task of a ScopeProvider. However from the docs and other info I could find in the web I could not get how I can relate my EMF-model with a scope provider and attach this to my embedded editor.

Furthermore is it required that the EMF model and the referenceable elements are specified in the grammar?

Thanks in advance,
Alois
Previous Topic:Browse a type passed to AbstractModelInferrer
Next Topic:Generate of PlantUML code for the model (multiple files)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:21:03 GMT 2024