Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Scout testing with Jubula(Scout testing with Jubula)
Scout testing with Jubula [message #1230896] Mon, 13 January 2014 10:40 Go to next message
Wouter R is currently offline Wouter RFriend
We have developed a scout application and try to setup GUI testing with Jubula.

We have deployed our application as as Swing, and try to ease the way we setup tests.

So we are looking in the scout application for any way to set a name for a component but as far as we can see it is not possible (yet).

We already looked at the jubula/scout presentation sheets but we can't find anything useful.

Is there anybody out there who has the right way to setup testing for scout/swing applications? Since naming the components by hand from the Jubula workspace is doable but time consuming.

Thanks in advance,
Wouter

[Updated on: Mon, 13 January 2014 10:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Scout testing with Jubula [message #1231673 is a reply to message #1230896] Wed, 15 January 2014 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Wouter,

Great to hear that you are testing Scout applications with Jubula. I'm not aware of any way to set a name for a component (I know that setName() is the Swing way, and setData() the way for RCP, but don't know if they are available in Scout).

It might be a good idea to ask the question in the Scout forum - you can cross reference both posts to each other so we can follow the discussion.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Scout testing with Jubula [message #1231687 is a reply to message #1231673] Wed, 15 January 2014 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wouter R is currently offline Wouter RFriend
Alexandra Schladebeck wrote on Wed, 15 January 2014 02:21
Hi Wouter,

Great to hear that you are testing Scout applications with Jubula. I'm not aware of any way to set a name for a component (I know that setName() is the Swing way, and setData() the way for RCP, but don't know if they are available in Scout).

It might be a good idea to ask the question in the Scout forum - you can cross reference both posts to each other so we can follow the discussion.

Best regards,
Alex

I did crosspost this question on the scout forums and got an answer.

At this time it is not possible to set a name for a scout component, but they are discussing a way to make it possible.

Crosspost:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/636879/

[Updated on: Wed, 15 January 2014 07:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Scout testing with Jubula [message #1231725 is a reply to message #1231687] Wed, 15 January 2014 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah, thanks for the update and the cross-link Smile
Re: Scout testing with Jubula [message #1231796 is a reply to message #1231673] Wed, 15 January 2014 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Alexandra Schladebeck wrote on Wed, 15 January 2014 08:21

A Scout application is defined by a model of the application. Basically you do not program against a UI library like SWT or Swing but you define forms and fields.

For example take a Form that allows creating lego minifigs (*). It contains:
* 1 StringField to provide the Name
* 3 SmartField to select head, torso and legs
* 1 ImageField to display a Preview
* 1 StringField (Read Only) for the Summary
* 1 Push Button to export the minifig.

Here a tree representation of the form:
index.php/fa/17247/0/

(In the Java code this will correspond to inner classes)

At runtime this model gets rendered, depending on the rendering engine you use (Swing, SWT, RAP) you will get the corresponding widgets. Here an example with Swing:
index.php/fa/17248/0/

Our idea is to reuse the information contained in the Scout Model (Name of the field for example) and to set it "the Jubula way" in the corresponding UI widget. This mechanism should be flexible, because you do not always want to instrument your application the same way.

As I answered in the other thread, this is something we are working on. First problem (uniqueness of the ID) will be solved with Luna M5.

(*) Example taken from our presentation: Testing a Scout Application with JUnit and Jubula

Re: Scout testing with Jubula [message #1231798 is a reply to message #1231796] Wed, 15 January 2014 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the explanation Jérémie Smile
Re: Scout testing with Jubula [message #1265949 is a reply to message #1231796] Thu, 06 March 2014 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Afonso Remédios is currently offline Afonso RemédiosFriend
Hello,

You said that Scout will set the name/id for Jubula to use,
from the Jubula user manual section "4.2.4 Design for testability in RCP" they state that you have to use setData(String key, String ComponentName) using the key
TEST_COMP_NAME.

Are you going to support this or just going to use setData(id) that is the generic use?

I like the solution of the annotation @ClassId but maybe it should have another attribute to state the key to use in setData(key, id).

Thank you
Afonso Remédios
Re: Scout testing with Jubula [message #1268335 is a reply to message #1265949] Mon, 10 March 2014 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Afonso,

that question sounds like it's more related to Scout - it might be a good idea to ask the question in the thread linked above.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Scout testing with Jubula [message #1268339 is a reply to message #1268335] Mon, 10 March 2014 11:28 Go to previous message
Afonso Remédios is currently offline Afonso RemédiosFriend
Alexandra Schladebeck wrote on Mon, 10 March 2014 07:21
Hi Afonso,

that question sounds like it's more related to Scout - it might be a good idea to ask the question in the thread linked above.

Best regards,
Alex

You are right, I will do so.
Previous Topic:Key Combination STRG+ENTER
Next Topic:Problems using executeExternalCommand
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:19:31 GMT 2024