Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Unable to show derived values in table colum
Unable to show derived values in table colum [message #1229945] Fri, 10 January 2014 16:09 Go to next message
Wilbert Alberts is currently offline Wilbert AlbertsFriend
Hi

Somehow, I don't manage to get a proper table for a very simple metamodel.

My meta model defines the concepts Model, Block, Terminal and Connection. The Model contains Block and Connection entities. The Block contains Terminal entities. Besides everybody having a 'name' feature, Connections refer to 2 Blocks by a 'from' and a 'to' reference.

Now I want to create a tabular representation of all Connections in the model. For each Connection, I would like to display its name, and the source and target of the Connection. The source of a connection is defined by the Terminal and the Block that contains it.

Given two Blocks 'a' and 'b', a connection 'c' between them should look like:

|  Connection name  | Source | terminal | Target | terminal   |
|       c           |   a    |    out   |   b    |    in      |

(Here I assume that 'a' contains a Terminal named 'out' and 'b' contains a Terminal named 'in'.

I tried to create an Edition Table Description with Line Mapping for Connections. The column representing the connection name is trivial. However, I don't manage to refer to the name of the source block.

I think that I should create a Feature Column Mapping based on the 'name' feature. However, the name should not be taken from the Connection but from the Block containing the 'from' Terminal.

Therefore I tried a Feature Parent Expression like: [ self.from.eContainer() /]

This results in an empty column unfortunately. Any help would be appreciated.

Greetings,
Wilbert.

PS. Is there a reason why defining a feature named 'to' (counterpart of 'from') would be a bad idea? Does this lead to any reserved keyword conflicts?

Re: Unable to show derived values in table colum [message #1230861 is a reply to message #1229945] Mon, 13 January 2014 08:59 Go to previous message
Wilbert Alberts is currently offline Wilbert AlbertsFriend
Don't know what it was. Maybe the tool needed a weekend just as I did.

Anyhow, I got it working. Though I must say that I changed one thing. My workspace also contained the projects containing the meta models and generated code. I also exported them (to eclipse's dropins directory). As a result the metamodels were present in the workspace and in the plugin registry. Maybe that confused the Sirius tool.

Finally I closed the meta model related projects (so now they are only registered via the exported plugins).

Greetings,
Wilbert.
Previous Topic:Incorrect Set Value operation on collection?
Next Topic:Unable to get hierarchy in table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:10:24 GMT 2024