Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Amalgam » Cannot find examples mentioned in 'Eclipse Modelling Project', is this project dead?
Cannot find examples mentioned in 'Eclipse Modelling Project', is this project dead? [message #1228544] Tue, 07 January 2014 13:21 Go to next message
Frank Wilson is currently offline Frank WilsonFriend
I cannot find the eclipse.amalgam.example.dsl.* projects mentioned at the outset of Richard Gronback's 'Eclipse Modelling Project' book. These were supposed to be part of the amalgam project. It seems they were in CVS but I cannot find them in the GIT or SVN repositories. Anybody know where these examples ended up?

I realise the book is old (2009), is the amalgam project dead? Should I be using another book to get into eclipse modelling technologies?

Thanks,
Re: Cannot find examples mentioned in 'Eclipse Modelling Project', is this project dead? [message #1272023 is a reply to message #1228544] Sun, 16 March 2014 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ravi Shankar is currently offline Ravi ShankarFriend
Hi, I have the same question. It seems to be part of the modeling download (http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-modeling-tools/keplersr1), but cannot find the examples. Thanks
Re: Cannot find examples mentioned in 'Eclipse Modelling Project', is this project dead? [message #1385461 is a reply to message #1272023] Fri, 06 June 2014 15:06 Go to previous message
Cedric Brun is currently offline Cedric BrunFriend
The project is not dead though the examples covered in the books have not been updated nor maintained because Richard Gronback is not involved in Eclipse Modeling anymore.

That being said such a book is of importance and we've seen so many changes in technologies since 2009 (Xtext and Sirius being two major changes providing a huge boost compared to what is covered in the book) a rewriten book would be awesome.

Problem is : writing such a book takes a lot of energy and the commiters have so many other things to do. We would need either a community driven initiative or funding to make it happen, and in doing so we could simply host it on the internet and provide print versions through Amazon.

If you are willing to support such a project in any way, please tell me.

http://cedric.brun.io news and articles on eclipse and eclipse modeling.
Previous Topic:Feedback from Eclipse Modeling Package
Next Topic:[Activity Explorer] Clickable URL in a section's description
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:25:02 GMT 2024