Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Remote development C++(Develop on windows , debug on linux)
Remote development C++ [message #1227726] Sun, 05 January 2014 11:16 Go to next message
Dima Dima is currently offline Dima DimaFriend
Hi,
I trying to use Eclipse for C++ makefile project development on windows 7 and debug and run on Linux (Centos 5.5).

I am reading a lot off articles, but instead get clear picture what step by step to set up working environment I only getting more confused .

1.First of all I can't find how do I setting/adding custom tool chain to Eclipse.
And what step by step do I need to setup working environment?

Thanks.
Re: Remote development C++ [message #1232480 is a reply to message #1227726] Fri, 17 January 2014 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Richard Tenney is currently offline Richard TenneyFriend
Hi. I've spent a bit of time entering what I think is a helpful answer to your query, but forum rules dictate "You can only use links to eclipse.org sites while you have fewer than 5 messages."

I'll do something below to accommodate this, but you'll have to figure out the actual URL.

It's not an easy path. Although he uses linux as his host OS, I think that Jan Axelson'a Lakeview Research site < www * lvr * com/eclipse1.htm> is particularly helpful, especially for the part where you set up the remote debugging. For the difficult part of finding and installing a toolchain, Robert C Nelson < www * rcn-ee * com/> pointed me at < www * linaro * org/>. Go to Downloads; scroll down to "Binaries" pick the one you want 4.7 or 4.8--just not the aarch64 ones. I ended up using <gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8-2013.12-20131229_win32.exe>. Since it's an executable file, you don't even need to use 7-Zip to deal with it. Everyone says that you should put it into a directory path that has no spaces in it, so don't accept the default one. Maybe you should make a directory called c:\Toolchain\. Once you're that far along, you can probably use the Axelson directions for the rest. I'm sure there are some secrets that will make the journey interesting; there always are. E.g., don't forget to change the machine from M3 to A8 or whatever you have...but at the moment, I can't find where to do that!

Good luck, and enjoy the journey.
- R
Re: Remote development C++ [message #1232844 is a reply to message #1232480] Fri, 17 January 2014 22:13 Go to previous message
Richard Tenney is currently offline Richard TenneyFriend
> E.g., don't forget to change the machine from M3 to A8 or whatever you have...but at the moment, I can't find where to do that!

OK...found it.

Go to the project properties, and select C/C++ Build | Settings. Go to the Tool Settings tab, and the first line is Target Processor. The first line of that is ARM family. Select your processor from the dropdown list.

- R
Previous Topic:In C/C++ debug preferences global default Number format doesn't works
Next Topic:OpenGL window only opens in debugger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:43:54 GMT 2024