Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Brand New, Total Noob, Having Trouble With Install
Brand New, Total Noob, Having Trouble With Install [message #1226394] Wed, 01 January 2014 16:42 Go to next message
James Brashear is currently offline James BrashearFriend
First off, I am brand new here, looking forward to delving into some C and C++ Learning with some buddies of mine. I have tried to install eclipse and and a compiler and somewhere along the way I am not doing it right.

Basically if someone could step by step guide me through this assuming I have a computer that has nothing on it. I tried installing a compiler and doing something with the environment and I just couldn't get it to work.

I'm looking forward to getting this to work so I can start playing with C and C++ and enjoy learning to program.
Re: Brand New, Total Noob, Having Trouble With Install [message #1231618 is a reply to message #1226394] Wed, 15 January 2014 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tim Kangas is currently offline Tim KangasFriend
There is a video on YouTube that explains how to setup Eclipse for C++ Developers. It's about 18 minutes long, and it helped me. I'm not allowed to post the link because I'm a newcomer to this forum.

Re: Brand New, Total Noob, Having Trouble With Install [message #1232359 is a reply to message #1231618] Thu, 16 January 2014 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bryan blake is currently offline bryan blakeFriend
I am new to Eclipse, as well, and I really appreciate you folks taking the time to create this thread and the additional posts and solutions. The Youtube video was amazingly helpful in developing an understanding about C++ development. I found a number of videos including one that is 18 minutes long. You never actually offer a link or title to the video so I am just assuming I found the one you are speaking of. I am very new to C++ and have had issues installing a compiler on my computer, as well. I found a few videos that have really offered some awesome tips and advice, but I am still having some problems. I chalk it up to being a newbie and not really knowing what I am doing yet.
Re: Brand New, Total Noob, Having Trouble With Install [message #1232412 is a reply to message #1232359] Thu, 16 January 2014 22:23 Go to previous message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 01/16/2014 12:35 PM, bryan blake wrote:
> I am new to Eclipse, as well, and I really appreciate you folks taking
> the time to create this thread and the additional posts and solutions.
> The Youtube video was amazingly helpful in developing an understanding
> about C++ development. I found a number of videos including one that is
> 18 minutes long. You never actually offer a link or title to the video
> so I am just assuming I found the one you are speaking of. I am very new
> to C++ and have had issues installing a compiler on my computer, as
> well. I found a few videos that have really offered some awesome tips
> and advice, but I am still having some problems. I chalk it up to being
> a newbie and not really knowing what I am doing yet.

Bryan,

There is an Eclipse CDT forum for questions that involve C/C++.
Previous Topic:cannot set breakpoint
Next Topic:Licenses
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:48:47 GMT 2024