Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Scout RAP target - loading RCP View not working(When Trying to run Scout RAP target it is not possible to render a RCP View)
icon13.gif  Scout RAP target - loading RCP View not working [message #1222501] Fri, 20 December 2013 15:54 Go to next message
André Morais is currently offline André MoraisFriend
I'm working on a project for which the final goal is to migrate Eclipse Plugins Widgets and RCP Projects to Scout.

I've been running some experiences based on the "Add_a_custom_GUI_component" tutorial and I've successfull integrated custom SWT components with external plugins project with SWT, passing the Scout composite to this project and adding new widgets to it.

I've also been able to load from an external RCP project a full View using the Perspective class in the ui.swt generated code to add my view to the perspective layout.

My objective now is to load a full view in the RAP target, however I've tried to copy the structure form the ui.swt to the ui.rap and configure the plugin.xml extension points according to the new Perpective and Application classes.

I've not been successful in this approach and I would like to know if it will be possible to migrate a RCP to Scout and which approach is recommended to achieve it.

Tutorial

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/HowTo/3.9/Add_a_custom_GUI_component

Regards
Re: Scout RAP target - loading RCP View not working [message #1224771 is a reply to message #1222501] Fri, 27 December 2013 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
André Morais is currently offline André MoraisFriend
Hi,

I have progressed in the RAP development and after changing the external RCP Project dependencies to use rap implementations instead the ones for SWT, the RCP View was rendered on scout through the AbstractCustomFormField implementation.

When trying to manipulate Scout's RAP Workbench I've been able to render the View but the scout loading page also appears.

So I came across with a similar implementation when I found out org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.workbench project
However I've got the same result.

Have anyone tried or have the knowledge to use this API?

Thanks in advance,

André
Re: Scout RAP target - loading RCP View not working [message #1228908 is a reply to message #1224771] Wed, 08 January 2014 10:23 Go to previous message
Ken Lee is currently offline Ken LeeFriend
André Morais wrote on Fri, 27 December 2013 13:41
Hi,

So I came across with a similar implementation when I found out org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.workbench project
However I've got the same result.

Have anyone tried or have the knowledge to use this API?

Hi André,

I guess your question above has been answered in another thread. So I assume that this thread can be considered as closed.

Cheers,

Ken
Previous Topic:How To
Next Topic:Service reference life cycle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:18:39 GMT 2024