Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » PHP Learner(I am a learning php can any one help me which tools i need to use)
PHP Learner [message #1222348] Fri, 20 December 2013 08:08 Go to next message
mmahessh keerthi is currently offline mmahessh keerthiFriend
Hi

Every one this is mmahessh and i have recently started learning php i want to know what are the tools used to develop a website.
Re: PHP Learner [message #1235275 is a reply to message #1222348] Fri, 24 January 2014 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maon francoeur is currently offline maon francoeurFriend
Mr. mmahessh keerthi, if you want to develop website without no cost or free, take eclipse PDT as one of your choice. there are plenty PHP IDE outside, but the best is using eclipse pdt.
Re: PHP Learner [message #1383957 is a reply to message #1235275] Tue, 27 May 2014 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rose Brian is currently offline Rose BrianFriend
i think you have to start learning PHP so my recommendation you have to visit www.w3schools.com/PHP/ and many more website and watch some video Tutorials, video tutorials give better understating as compare to you have read some thing..
Re: PHP Learner [message #1386060 is a reply to message #1383957] Fri, 13 June 2014 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Krawiec is currently offline Bill KrawiecFriend

Obviously you need some server package to start. I can recommend XAMPP which I found very easy to install, and trouble-free solution for windows systems.
I don't think you need full-featured IDE for now, much simpler editor should be enough, since you want to learn php first. Personally I recommend notepad++ - it has syntax coloring, advanced find/replace, line numbering, encoding converter (very helpfull if you are devloping in other languages), and lots of other helpfull stuff.
So just install XAMPP, create index.php file in directory in your htdocs and start editing.

Here is some code for a great start:

<?php 
echo "Hello World";
?>

Good Luck
Re: PHP Learner [message #1390938 is a reply to message #1386060] Mon, 30 June 2014 07:57 Go to previous message
Davor Pečnik is currently offline Davor PečnikFriend
Take WAMP (windows) or XAMP (mac) as server.
Take JetBrains PhpStorm for IDE
Go in to the map c:\wamp\www\my_project_name
Create index.php file and write
<?php 
echo "Hello World";
?>

Go in browser and write in the url bar localhost and chose you project name
Vola!!! Wink
Previous Topic:PHP class autocomplete
Next Topic:Eclipse 3.8 on Xubuntu 14.04 PHP development crash with no reason
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:44:59 GMT 2024